free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to help older folk and those that can't make their own firewood anymore, c'mon out, I'll fill your trunk with shorts and such. Just another troller...:potstir:

.......i was told.....

You're obviously basing your knowledge on the words of others, and you're now getting a lot more words from many others. Garmins dad gave you a very polite and proper response, and you retorted with rudeness. Now you're hearing from a whole pile of people who know better than you with the kind of rudeness you've brought on yourself.

If you would have come here with your hat in your hand, asking kindly, I'd be willing to bet there would have been 3 or 4 guys who would have offered you free hardwood - we're that nice around here - (and maybe some of it split and delivered, too!) but your attitude is now reaping it's reward.

Hopefully you've learned something here. Peace.

pine and spruce i was told wasnt good to burn because of the build up in chimmney. also i see how this sites gonna be. people like to put there 2cents in instead of keeping quite if they have nothing to do with the post.

I don`t think that taking that arrogant, know all line, when asking for a[freebee], is going to get you very far. I would take exception to that attitude, even if you were paying, I am pretty sure it would come at a higher price. Be more respectful & i`m sure you will find you will get help to achieve what it is you require.

Personally, I'm glad more people around Milwaukee don't use softwoods for heat. When my tree service connection comes across with some pine or box elder I'm never thrilled, but I know it will to the job for fall and spring. Also, the last score from him was a HUGE honey locust that netted 2.5 cords....I'll take the good with the bad, it all burns.

Dave

Things I know:

1) Don't burn pine is a well established myth in this area.

2) If you're going to have an attitude, you better be wearing your big boy pants when coming to Arborsite.

3) And the Firewooders are the easy going ones here :laugh:

This guy hasn't logged in since his third post and I'd be willing to bet a free cord of wood* to a donut that he doesn't come back at all.

*The cord of wood currently resides in a neighbors tree that I hate and have not requested permission to cut. Winner of bet must work out details with neighbor and fell, buck, split, and remove one cord of said wood. I will take the rest. :laugh:

This guy hasn't logged in since his third post and I'd be willing to bet a free cord of wood* to a donut that he doesn't come back at all.

*The cord of wood currently resides in a neighbors tree that I hate and have not requested permission to cut. Winner of bet must work out details with neighbor and fell, buck, split, and remove one cord of said wood. I will take the rest. :laugh:

You're probably right which is a shame. I, and others, have stepped on our crank worse than he did and survived :).

Harry K

Latest posts

Back