Free wood score....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard_

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
my brothers neighbor had a giant fir dropped , so I got me some of the free wood , all I had to do was provide my own labor and truck , yesterdays score was about 1/4-1/3 of a cord (I know not a lot), and hopefully get about the same today , I need a bigger truck , I will post some pics latter

here yop go pics and video

Copyoflogging001.jpg

Copyoflogging003.jpg

Copyoflogging004.jpg

logging005.jpg

logging008.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i78.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Richard_A_2006/logging011.flv">

Ummm.....

Can I have your truck?

I LOVE Toyota's!!!!

A guy down the street had his frame rust out on his 84 and sent it to the scrap yard!!!! I could have killed him!

Richard, 1st Gen Solid Axle Yota's are priceless! Uber nice yota man.

Oh I got distracted by that yota...those big rounds look mighty burly too. Nice work.
ps- I too am a member over at pirate4x4
jeep2.gif

-Chad

Last edited:
Big tree....and lots of creosote in the chimney with pines like that. Burn it HOT.

Did you consider taking that ol-girl to the sawmill rather then the splitter? I would bet looking at some of the rounds you would have fetched a small fortune for logs that large, especally with it being as clear as it looks.

Craig

Good score on the free wood. I never complain about any size of free wood. Small truck loads add up and before you know it, you have a nice cord or two.

pine firewood

my brothers neighbor had a giant fir dropped , so I got me some of the free wood , all I had to do was provide my own labor and truck , yesterdays score was about 1/4-1/3 of a cord (I know not a lot), and hopefully get about the same today , I need a bigger truck , I will post some pics latter
why you burn pine
its a junk wood
not good for burining in the wood stove or fireplace

to much sap and it make to much creasoat in the chiminie
not worth the effort

Latest posts

Back