Free wood score....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard_

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
my brothers neighbor had a giant fir dropped , so I got me some of the free wood , all I had to do was provide my own labor and truck , yesterdays score was about 1/4-1/3 of a cord (I know not a lot), and hopefully get about the same today , I need a bigger truck , I will post some pics latter

here yop go pics and video

Copyoflogging001.jpg

Copyoflogging003.jpg

Copyoflogging004.jpg

logging005.jpg

logging008.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i78.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Richard_A_2006/logging011.flv">

Ummm.....

Can I have your truck?

I LOVE Toyota's!!!!

A guy down the street had his frame rust out on his 84 and sent it to the scrap yard!!!! I could have killed him!

Richard, 1st Gen Solid Axle Yota's are priceless! Uber nice yota man.

Oh I got distracted by that yota...those big rounds look mighty burly too. Nice work.
ps- I too am a member over at pirate4x4
jeep2.gif

-Chad

Last edited:
Big tree....and lots of creosote in the chimney with pines like that. Burn it HOT.

Did you consider taking that ol-girl to the sawmill rather then the splitter? I would bet looking at some of the rounds you would have fetched a small fortune for logs that large, especally with it being as clear as it looks.

Craig

Good score on the free wood. I never complain about any size of free wood. Small truck loads add up and before you know it, you have a nice cord or two.

pine firewood

my brothers neighbor had a giant fir dropped , so I got me some of the free wood , all I had to do was provide my own labor and truck , yesterdays score was about 1/4-1/3 of a cord (I know not a lot), and hopefully get about the same today , I need a bigger truck , I will post some pics latter
why you burn pine
its a junk wood
not good for burining in the wood stove or fireplace

to much sap and it make to much creasoat in the chiminie
not worth the effort

Back