free wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledude232

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just went up to check out a lot about 10 miles from the house.
all hard wood, to start im clearing along side the trails on his land, about 60 cord just along the trails, he has plenty more to have thinned. all free, i just have to leave him about 7 cord.:greenchainsaw:

im getting done with my roofing job this week, im going full time with firewood.
When i don't have much going on with this wood and im looking for more, im going to work for my uncle, he has a firewood business as well and he is way behind, he does something like 10-15 cord a day, and just can't keep up. wood is going for 225+ a cord for green, cut split and delivered.
:greenchainsaw:
Im loving all this wood. ill try to get pics up of my operation after i get up and running.
oh and i have a 33 acre lot lined up for after this, then i have a 13 acre lot after that, and i have 100 acres across the street from my house to keep me busy after that. im looking at a lot of wood this winter.
oh and the last few lots are free wood as well. i manage to fall into these things. people up here are just looking for a good honest man to come in and do some thinning. works for me, free wood, they just want the brush left for the critters to play in. i just drop some firewood off in their door yards so they can heat their homes. and they all give great recamendations. i just need myself a dump truck and a conveyor and i will be rolling in the checks.
have a great day!

Last edited:
Well, let us know how you are doing. I dont know about anyone else, but I havent managed to get to the level of "rolling in the checks" yet.
One day I am going to fall into a business where I need a wheelbarrow to haul my money to the bank, but so far the wood business hasnt been it.

well so far everything i have bought has paid for itself either the first use or the first week. so im making profit off everything so far, i have good connections for parts for just about anything i need, so parts are cheap, i have good friends that are mechanics so if i can't do it, i can get it done at a good rate. and everytime i turn around ive got more wood, and more customers. im pretty optimistic about the business. Lord willing all will go as well as they can for a firewood business. i have 3 guys that have asked to work for me at a fair rate, and i have others that want to as well. so ive got most of the equipment plenty of close wood, and good man power, and people calling everyday wanting wood.

Latest posts

Back