Fried Piston On My 026 anything bigger available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTSawTech

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As the question states, I could go with oem size P&C but I wonder if there is anything bigger that might fit in it's place?

I'm probably gonna have to switch out the carb and muffler too if there is something available, any ideas there?

And on a non related note, stay with .325 chain or switch it over to 3/8?
Not really sure it has the power for 3/8 but it could?

Thanks all.

As the question states, I could go with oem size P&C but I wonder if there is anything bigger that might fit in it's place?

I'm probably gonna have to switch out the carb and muffler too if there is something available, any ideas there?

And on a non related note, stay with .325 chain or switch it over to 3/8?
Not really sure it has the power for 3/8 but it could?

Thanks all.

Member Bcorradi has OEM 44.7mm P&C's for dirt cheap. Here is a link....LINK

There is no BB upgrade available for the 026.

There is no BB upgrade available for the 026

Well...that :censored:

Guess I'm gonna have to be a bit creative in my quest for more power.

A bigger saw is not in the budget right now.

I've read on here somewhere that the tank would have to be modified for it to fit, I'm not willing to do that.

BTW...this is the early version non-pro saw if that helps any.

Yep. It takes a little carving on the plastic. I understand if you dont want to do it on your saw. My 026 is just for playing.

Yep. It takes a little carving on the plastic. I understand if you dont want to do it on your saw. My 026 is just for playing.

Since you say a little carving exactly how much is involved?

If it really is a worthwhile upgrade I could be persuaded to do it, got any pics?

We'll talk you through it if you want to try. You basically just need a dremel and a few specific bits. The knowledge and help is all right here!

I will consider this when I get the new P&C, I've got the tools to do the job just not all the know how on non-reverse-able mods.

Pics are a little fuzzy. Best i could do. Two are without carb, two with the big WJ69 carb. Got another somewhere in the shop with a wd carb i think.

44 carb works wonders.:cheers:

i was told by 3 very well known builders that an 044 carb is not necessary for a work saw or a woods ported work saw. not saying that it can't or shouldn't be done, just relaying what i have been told.

another trick to do is take your bar off and put it on an 088:spam:

yep! LOL betcha it works great!!

i was told by 3 very well known builders that an 044 carb is not necessary for a work saw or a woods ported work saw. not saying that it can't or shouldn't be done, just relaying what i have been told.

yep! LOL betcha it works great!!

Your right brother. Not needed on work saws. But GTG and race/play saws, well, it just helps. For me anyway. Only my .02.:cheers:

Does anybody know the venturi size on the 044 carb? Reason I'm asking is I'm starting on a 026 toy.Still haven't decided on carb.Has anyone tried a 290/390 carb on one? I think they're hd5 or hd7.

Latest posts

Back