From Bowline to Daisy Chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Im all for #groundieslivesmatter but ANYTHING that keeps a climber in the spikes longer is bad to me. Ground help can be found and trained much faster then a climber....around here anyway.

Your right. If I’m in spikes waiting for a a Groundie to break a bowline that’s been locked tight, I’m in the tree longer. The daisy chain takes about the same time to tie as a running bow. It’s the time to untie that the savings comes in.

lone wolf
Seen what? A bowline lock up? It’s rare, I’ll admit. But the chain falls apart every time.

I with you for the most part though, if it ain’t broke it don’t need fixing. You’ve been at this a lot longer than me.
Old School on that rope stuff all the way. but good news i got a Vermeer Skid Steer today new.

angelo c
Your right. If I’m in spikes waiting for a a Groundie to break a bowline that’s been locked tight, I’m in the tree longer. The daisy chain takes about the same time to tie as a running bow. It’s the time to untie that the savings comes in.
Your climb
Your call.
Changing the way a climber sets his lines is much more difficult then hiring or training a ground person. I'm looking at it from an owner perspective..
You're looking from a climber. Whatever works for you. But I've never seen a climber rig with a daisy. And there's usually a groundie training another on the jobs I've been on. Rarely are two new ground persons being trained by the climber . Good on you for having that skill.

lone wolf
Your climb
Your call.
Changing the way a climber sets his lines is much more difficult then hiring or training a ground person. I'm looking at it from an owner perspective..
You're looking from a climber. Whatever works for you. But I've never seen a climber rig with a daisy. And there's usually a groundie training another on the jobs I've been on. Rarely are two new ground persons being trained by the climber . Good on you for having that skill.
I always told the young climbers in training if its working dont change it you may get hurt.