frozen cabels

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
frozen crane and bucket cables we had rain and then temps at 8degrees in the east i ran the bucket and at one end when i flipped i thought i heard heving or thumping from the boom, i hope to god this was due to the cold, now im thinking what if the crane cables are frozen inside the tubes, both trucks in outside lots, any body ever have this happen or am i on the wrong track? thanks

What kind of boom? FWIW Most booms do creek and make some other seemingly bad sounds when they get very cold and wet.

The cables and chains on most modern lifts do not run the entire length of the boom. They have fiberglass rods in the boom on the leveling cable. Those rods will rattle when cold. Some manufacturer do not recommend using an aerial lift if the temperature drops below a certain point.

The cables and chains on most modern lifts do not run the entire length of the boom. They have fiberglass rods in the boom on the leveling cable. Those rods will rattle when cold. Some manufacturer do not recommend using an aerial lift if the temperature drops below a certain point.
thanks dt what threw me was the, winch line on the vermeer was stuck so i assumed everything had froze, it actually was birds nested , this made me think that all had frozen, its actually fine now.

Latest posts

Back