Small chimney fire tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about a week ago, i saw about 8 fire trucks down the street, lights flashing, people moving about. found out the dummy who lived there had a fire going in his fireplace. the winds were strong that night and apparently they blew back into the chimney and pushed smoke into his house. it wasn't a chimney fire, just a bad back draft on an outside wall chimney.

but, they showed up in full force...must have been bored that night.

having a conversation with another guy, he told me when he lived in Italy, they used fireplaces to do alot of cooking and always kept a shot gun near the stoves. he said when ever they had a chimney fire, they'd take the shot gun and fire up inside the chimney to put it out.

i thought how is that possible?

Dalmatian90 next time I have a chimney fire I'm call you.

I didn't get any chimney bombs
My buddy who was already over at the house had to shovel out all the coals from the chimney cleanout which is in my crawl space
The bucket they used to empty the stove with left a perfect burn imprint in my rug
They dumped it right in my front yard along with all the sheet rock they removed
and parts of my kitchen floor they removed and the floor joist band they cut
I have a tenth acre garden they could have used for this.
And the icing on the cake was the guy that went up in the attic to check the chimney misstepped and put a nice big hole in my living room ceiling.
Oh and one guy ran over a row of trees I had recently planted on his way out.

But I'm grateful and would call again if I needed too.

Latest posts

Back