Natural Gas Heater Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically considered space heaters. That thermostat should be replaceable but would probably take a technician to do that. jmho :cool: OT
Actually, I recently saw in another thread here someone refer to a stove as a "furnace" so,....
I would think maybe any device that burns combustibles for heat could be considered a furnace. Sort of.

Btw, the black mark, @ the #1 position, 6:00 on the dial in the photo is the max I've ever had to set it at for sufficient heat. This thing really cranks out the heat.

3.jpg

Okay, I think it is fixed! Thank you guys for your advice.

About dark, two guys from the gas company pulled in the driveway - didn't expect them this quick. When I saw the headlights at the end of the driveway, I thought there was a wreck or someone lost.
Anyway, they've been here before, very nice helpful guys.
One spritzed something while the other explained to me something about the valve.
Then they focused on the thermobulb(?) the copper tube that rests behind the heater horizontally. He checked that it was working properly, and it is but he thought it might work better (cut the heat off sooner) if it was closer to the heat, so he moved it .
When I left, I set the dial to the black mark and went back a couple hours later. The heater was off, but still warm. I sat with Winkey and waited for it to turn on, and it did! Then I waited for it to shut off, and it did...without overheating the room!
Yay. :happybanana: What a relief that is.
Thank you guys - I know somewhere on this forum, there's an answer to everything.:cheers:

I made Winkey a nice sweater from a wool sweater sleeve - fit perfectly.
When I put it on him, he walked like a drunk and then fell over, wouldn't get up. :oops:
Same thing happened a while back when I tried to put a harness and leash on him.:rolleyes:
Have no clue why.

The heater is still working properly, so we'll just skip the sweater.
Too bad though, it looked really nice on him. Gray/black stripe, matched his fur.
I'll take a photo next time I go over.:laugh:

Winkey is trying to remind you of something I remember from a joke probably 60 years ago--'Helloooo--have you seen the furrrr?'

Sheesh.
Just got the dreaded gas bill for last month - double from the previous month, which is really normal.
Starting in October, which is around $13, doubled to $26, then $50+, this month $87. It will go back down next month.
I don't think that week of horrid cold and the heater malfunction caused the bill to change much, if at all.
Now, the electric bill for the trailer I'm in jumped quite a bit due to the extreme cold week.
I don't keep it high, but I wanted to make sure the plumbing didn't freeze. And it didn't šŸ‘
All in all, I can't complain.

Back