Frustrated!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh... out here in the PNW its all Mexicans taking over the arborist jobs, just like they did in California 10 years ago. They work for cheap. Never mind that the crews are typically not here legally, no one seems to care. Cheap wins.

As for the economy, it is gonna be a bad one in '09 for several reasons. One is that the auto companies are all in the tank. Another is that banks are not lending any money after the bailout (still), and that drives productivity into the tank. No money, no loans... no loans, no building, no expansion... no building, no expansion, no economic growth. Also the second shoe is about to drop in the housing market. The last round was sub-prime laons. Those are all but swept under the carpet now, but the ARM loans are just ramping up to set the higher rate payments. The so-called teaser rate loans that peaked in '04 will reset rates in '09 and '10. So there are 2 more years of housing busts to come. Unemployment is over 8% in the pacific western states now. And climbing.

Huh... out here in the PNW its all Mexicans taking over the arborist jobs, just like they did in California 10 years ago. They work for cheap. Never mind that the crews are typically not here legally, no one seems to care. Cheap wins.

As for the economy, it is gonna be a bad one in '09 for several reasons. One is that the auto companies are all in the tank. Another is that banks are not lending any money after the bailout (still), and that drives productivity into the tank. No money, no loans... no loans, no building, no expansion... no building, no expansion, no economic growth. Also the second shoe is about to drop in the housing market. The last round was sub-prime laons. Those are all but swept under the carpet now, but the ARM loans are just ramping up to set the higher rate payments. The so-called teaser rate loans that peaked in '04 will reset rates in '09 and '10. So there are 2 more years of housing busts to come. Unemployment is over 8% in the pacific western states now. And climbing.

Well that was inspiring!!

Some very good advice from SS above... however the unfortunate reality is that you may have to work cheap in the beginning just to get your name out there - sucks but its true. I did it. I didnt want to but I was young and I needed to survive somehow.

Now I've got a pretty decent sized overhead so I sit around here and complain about all the underbidder start ups sometimes - its just the way, lol.

What did I miss? Searched the wide world to find you here talking in mystical circles did I?
Shameless is the first word in that sound advice though it is sound. Also true the times I regret telling someone my name at a gas station. What turns out after they waste your time when you drive out and then never hear anything. So what do you say next time you see him at the gas station?
Well, he asked me, I was just gassing up.
They have those video screens on top on the pumps now. I always tell the owners of the station its to loud but they would give me slot on it I am sure.

Well that was inspiring!!

Well, did I mention that I am buying up saws and chippers from people going out of the tree service business around here lately? Never mind all the layoffs by the logging companies and mills. Saw a guy at the pawn shop today with a nice Husky 372. I offered to buy it, but he just wanted a loan so he could pay his rent.

Back