Frustration:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
1. When your wood cutting partner leaves to go race his dirt bike, and leaves the communal wood trailer still loaded. Even though he fully well understands the wood dries better unloaded, he left it all in the trailer.

2. When your wood cutting partner piles his aforementioned dirt bike into a steaming wreck, and has two broken ankles.

So now I have to unload his trailer, fill it again (Or his goofy arse will freeze to death this winter) and still manage to get me a load of wood off the mountain before the snow flies. I won't mention the fact he put off gathering wood in the summer because.... you guessed it he was racing.

I don't mean to sound too bitter, but I want to slap him in the head sometimes... seems like he gets his priorities a little backwards at times. I'll get him squared away with what wood I can... He's my cousin so I can get some family help on this one.

Im also wondering if I should get me a woods modded 660 Stihl to complement my 394 or just port the 372xpw. I would of course sell the 372 to fund the 660 project if I decide to go that direction.

Go big or go home, 3120 or 880!

Seems I don't like newbies much right now:hmm3grin2orange:

1. When your wood cutting partner leaves to go race his dirt bike, and leaves the communal wood trailer still loaded. Even though he fully well understands the wood dries better unloaded, he left it all in the trailer.

2. When your wood cutting partner piles his aforementioned dirt bike into a steaming wreck, and has two broken ankles.

So now I have to unload his trailer, fill it again (Or his goofy arse will freeze to death this winter) and still manage to get me a load of wood off the mountain before the snow flies. I won't mention the fact he put off gathering wood in the summer because.... you guessed it he was racing.

I don't mean to sound too bitter, but I want to slap him in the head sometimes... seems like he gets his priorities a little backwards at times. I'll get him squared away with what wood I can... He's my cousin so I can get some family help on this one.

Im also wondering if I should get me a woods modded 660 Stihl to complement my 394 or just port the 372xpw. I would of course sell the 372 to fund the 660 project if I decide to go that direction.

there is a story about a grasshopper and a ant, see the grasshopper piss-is on the ant, and the ant does anything for the grasshopper, you are the ant, good luck.

You described this guy as a "partner" and a "cousin", that's all well and good. Were he strictly a parter, as in business-only and he didn't hold up his end, I'd be inclidned to grasshopper/and his azz. Since he's also a cousin, I'd have to soften that a lot and likely give him a hand. Now the question: Is he a friend? If so, there's really no question to be asked, just be glad it's him all balled up in bed and you being able-bodied and able to lend a hand. I'm usually happier when helping than when being helped.

Just like on the broader scope, I'd rather pay taxes than receive a welfare check...

Last edited:
Two broken ankles? Sounds like you have a captive audience for your rants on this subject for some time to come. Give him the ####ens every chance you get. Wheel his butt out to the woodpile for company while you are unloading his wood and go ahead and unload on him while you are at it. You get the idea.

So now I have to unload his trailer, fill it again (Or his goofy arse will freeze to death this winter) and still manage to get me a load of wood off the mountain before the snow flies. .

Uh, the snows already flying. You'd best hop to! Unload the trailer at your place and let him go back up and fetch his load.

Edit: OK, just kidding. This will not be the first time the good guy winds up doing the dirty work. It'll all come back to you one day. I know that for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far guys...

Nope, still want a bunch of saws... but Im just not impressed at how the 372xp cuts even with a 20" bar when Im at 9,000 feet. NEED MORE POWER:angry2:

And I am very thankful I can be helping out, not asking or begging for the help. I much prefer to take care of my body and be in control of my facilities.

Talked to his wife last night, he might lose one leg. There was significant lack of blood flow to it for a period of time. We can wait and see if it responds to the treatment...

Should I take my 361 to him and set it in his hospital room? That will probably help out more than modern medical science right.. :spam:

You're stuck, buck-o. But you know that already. On the other hand, you get to lord it over him whenever it strikes your fancy, and that's YEARS of fun right there!

I say it's a gift. :hmm3grin2orange:

Let's see he "needed" to cut wood.....
He "wanted" to go riding.......

Kinda has his priorities all messed up.

Sorry I didn't read enough to realize how bad it was.It was off the cuff on a bad day. I take some of it back.Hope all goes well with him..........really. (hangs head while trying to get foot out of mouth)

Gary has a way of putting things in perspective sometimes, even if it is a "In yo' face kinda way"..

Last edited:
Let's see he "needed" to cut wood.....
He "wanted" to go riding.......

Kinda has his priorities all messed up.I would remind him of this and unload all the wood at my house.

Let him figure out a way to get it home.

Object lesson in survival..............

:agree2: It's a shame about his accident & the seriousness of his injuries, but if he needed the wood he should've been working with you, not off racing.

That said, I sincerely hope that he doesn't lose his leg. Medical mojo to your cousin!

If your cousin loses his leg he has his my sympathy. If he comes out of this ordeal ok then that's great.

If he is ok you should give him two options. Do his share of the wood gathering or gather all of his by himself. You shouldn't have to give him welfare wood.

now is the time to step up and help. your cousin definitely has (had) his priorities screwed up. however, you might find that doing a little extra for him now will help him order his business later. give him a break now, he needs the wood. he will have some major expenses, even if he has insurance. if he starts the same thing again once he has recovered, i would cut the cord to him. laying around in a bed for several weeks gives you lots of time to make some deep, soul changing, thinking. i'm sure that right after he wrecked, the thought came through his brain for just a second, that if he had been doing what he should have been doing, he wouldn't be writhing in pain.
i can sympathize with him, i shattered my ankle (actually dislocated it, which requires the shattering of bone so the ankle can turn sideways). he faces months of pain and rehab. i can't imagine having both ankles broken at once. i guess that's when you get a little rascal. you might point him to a website called:

mybrokenleg.com

there is lots of useful, day-to-day info as well as other people in the same shape, or worse.......

If you want any more input, you'll first need to provide more detailed pics of the chick in your avatar. :popcorn:

Talked to his wife last night, he might lose one leg. There was significant lack of blood flow to it for a period of time. We can wait and see if it responds to the treatment... :spam:

Lack of blood flow...was that compartment syndrome? If so, how did they treat it? Hoping for the best there.

As for the new saw, get the 660 and fix it up like you want it... you do know that you want it, don't you?

Lack of blood flow...was that compartment syndrome? If so, how did they treat it? Hoping for the best there.

As for the new saw, get the 660 and fix it up like you want it... you do know that you want it, don't you?

i'm just guessing that he snapped the legs and restricted the bloodflow due to the weird way you ankle usually bends when you snap your legs. compartment syndrome is usually due to severe, bruising-type injuries.

Talked to his wife last night, he might lose one leg. There was significant lack of blood flow to it for a period of time. We can wait and see if it responds to the treatment...

Should I take my 361 to him and set it in his hospital room? That will probably help out more than modern medical science right.. :spam:

Oops! I missed that for sure. A couple broken bones is one thing... losing a leg is another thing entirely. Positive thoughts sent.

Back