FS80 - What should my replacement trimmer be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What hell, you heard me. For growling at your bestest employee and top notch Tony Soprano trained blackmailer make it 25%,LOLOLOLOL

Remember that at raise time and remember .....

Now it suddenly comes to my mind that the next raise time is due for february 30 th, 2020..., gotcha...:fart::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:[

Last edited:
Now it suddenly comes to my mind that the next raise time is due for february 30 th, 2020..., gotcha...:fart::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:[

Wrong, your next raise is gonna be when you walk in your door tonite, she's gonna raise your belongings to you and say see ya, I'm reaching for the phone now, last chance, will you reconsider at only 30% now,LOLOLOL

got FS80... FS85 and FS250

all have been pretty much trouble free. except for the occasional carb gummed up cleaning. which is my own fault for not running fuel dry before storing for winter.

got FS80... FS85 and FS250

all have been pretty much trouble free. except for the occasional carb gummed up cleaning. which is my own fault for not running fuel dry before storing for winter.

Good man, your honestly is appreciated. For the last month or so trimmers have been coming in the door, same complaint, it will start but not rev up unless I use half choke. I ask is this the first start up this season, they go yes. I go did you leave fuel in it all winter, oh no is always the answer. Pop the fuel cap and the foul smell rolls out the tanks. Had one Saturday in which the carb was starting to rust up on the inside from water in the fuel. He was honest though, he admitted he put it away full of fuel. 5 minutes, new carb and filter, no labor for his honestly, out the door smiling.

Jack ole buddy -->This<-- is the one your looking for....... even my little girl says so. :laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

10.2lbs and walked right through that grass no problem at all (BTW the 55gal drum is sitting on concret blocks;)) Don't get to carried away around the mailbox or you'll be buying a new post. :D :laugh:

Jack ole buddy -->This<-- is the one your looking for....... even my little girl says so. :laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

10.2lbs and walked right through that grass no problem at all (BTW the 55gal drum is sitting on concret blocks;)) Don't get to carried away around the mailbox or you'll be buying a new post. :D :laugh:

Erick,

Wow! What a sweetheart! OK. I'm going to find a dealer tomorrow, and if they have one, ole Joat's gonna strike.

Joat

No more Stihl Joat????:jawdrop: What tha :taped:

If you don't plan on running a blade, the 100RX is tough, love mine. I didn't shop around though, for I knew there is only one brand that makes me :D

Also, if you are up to the drive, I got some tall grass/weeds you can try her out in.

Last edited:
Joat,

My BIL runs a lawn service. The only trimmer he will buy is Redmax. He has one that is ten years old and has been trouble free. The other 2 are 8 years old and have also been trouble free. He mows 60 yards a week so they get a lot ot use. I can say however that while helping him today I took my km110r with the trimmer head. It outperforms his redmax's hands down.

Mr Joat.

I am pleased to see you have finally defected to the Dark side. Allow me to guide you to the Echo SRM-210. This will be your new best friend. Soon, you will have a 576xp and a Homelite as a backup.

Ole Joat going to try a Kaw tomorrow, time permitting. RedMax is my second choice. I'll go from there.

Yep, Joat's goimg to get a Husky saw of some sort. I've had a 372Xp and a 390XP. 372XP or a 576XP?

That RedMax blower may be on my back come fall.

There are some real fine Stihl dealers. There are some that I will not associate with any longer.

Free enterprise! Ain't it great?

Joat

Ole Joat going to try a Kaw tomorrow, time permitting. RedMax is my second choice. I'll go from there.

Yep, Joat's goimg to get a Husky saw of some sort. I've had a 372Xp and a 390XP. 372XP or a 576XP?

There are some real fine Stihl dealers. There are some that I will not associate with any longer.

Joat

Joat, save the Redmax for the small saw (psssst pick up a 3800 while you still can) trust me -->This<-- is what you want on yer back come fall. ;)

Now lest you start to think I'm deal'n in Kawasaki you should know I have one of their handheld blowers I wouldn't send to ya if ya paid me to just cause I like ya and think your a nice guy. I'm pretty sure I just got one with a bad carb but "innocent until proven guilty" doesn’t really apply to OPE now does it. :D

All of the other Kawi stuff has been top shelf and I wouldn't trade it for all the "Dream Sickles" in the world (in their class).... with that said.... you haven't experienced tall grass string trimmer bliss until you've put a bike handled FS250 through it's paces, so Stihl still has it's place in the ole line-up.

The FS410 clearing saw is a force to be reckoned with and nobody nowhere can take that away from it. :cheers:

Joat

Well Joat its like this. When Viet Nam was going full swing Walter Cronkite finally made it known he had his full of Viet Nam. LBJ told his top advisors oh my goodness we have lost Walter. Even so the war went on.

So Joat if team Stihl has lost ya so be it, you'll be in replaced in the morning, or as ole Master Tom told Chicken George in Roots, he said Chicken George I got 40 more just like ya, free market, can't beat it,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I have heard nothing but great things about the Kawa trimmers. There was one place back home that sold them, but haven't seen them anywhere else.

Redmax sounds like a good choice too. Maybe cuttinscott or Spike can lend some info on them.

Well Joat its like this. When Viet Nam was going full swing Walter Cronkite finally made it known he had his full of Viet Nam. LBJ told his top advisors oh my goodness we have lost Walter. Even so the war went on.

So Joat if team Stihl has lost ya so be it, you'll be in replaced in the morning, or as ole Master Tom told Chicken George in Roots, he said Chicken George I got 40 more just like ya, free market, can't beat it,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

As goes Joat, goes the country. :cheers:

There is only one country, Stihl Country! Remember if ya ain't first, you're last.:hmm3grin2orange:

Second place is just the first loser..... care to fire up that FS100RX for a little look see???? I got a field all ready. :D

Second place is just the first loser..... care to fire up that FS100RX for a little look see???? I got a field all ready. :D

I'll leave Kawa to make bikes and quads, they have no bussiness in the OPE scene.:D Yep, I'll give that green trimmer a run!

Latest posts

Back