FS80 - What's wrong with my trimmer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joatmon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have an FS80 I bought during the summer of 01. It's hasn't really been running too good for quite some time. It usually starts and idles fine. It "stumbles" on acceleration. When warm, it seems to get worse. Sometimes, it won't even rev close to it's potential.

Last spring, I took it apart and could find no problem. New plug, new fuel filter, carb looked good, no leaks I could see. Late in the fall, I took it in for service. They put in a new plug, new fuel filter, cleaned the card, looked for leaks, etc. It appeared to be a bit better, but I only used it twice before season end.

This spring, it was running worse than ever. On April 3rd, I lost my patience (good thing I'm not a real doc) and took it back for service. New this, new that, tried a new carb, and still wasn't running right. Tonight, the tech found the problem.

Any takers?

Joat

String to big, the cetane rating of your diesel is to low, you have to tune it in the cut, wiggling pin fell out of the wobbling hole.........:)

Honkie,

Ah, well, hadn't thought of that. Tell me about your hot rod trimmer.

Joat

well you said you bought it in 01, you didn't say new.

Most guys here don't even know about being two fs80s, the old one being older than they are.

this is a fun game. ? hmm it has a good coil, good spark, its getting fuel. exhaust is good. if the tech looked at it must have a good piston. but it has to be something the tech would over look such a gas cap or tank vent

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back