fuel and spark wont run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpenter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Small john deere chainsaw that I have put fresh gas and new park plug in but will not start. Have spark and fuel at chamber. I think carb. Pulled it apart and it looks clean. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys. It was compression. I think it is time for a rebuild, but, considering the cost I might just buy a new one. If I do get a new one what is recommended. My uses will be cutting firewood, framing houses and eventually milling. Is there a saw that can do all that or do I need two?

Thanks guys. It was compression. I think it is time for a rebuild, but, considering the cost I might just buy a new one. If I do get a new one what is recommended. My uses will be cutting firewood, framing houses and eventually milling. Is there a saw that can do all that or do I need two?

Well if you plan on milling, most reccomend over 80cc, but that can get pretty heavy bucking firewood. There are a lot of factors here, money being the biggest. A good pro level saw that is big enough for milling is gonna set you back close to $1k .

Dont give up on the john deere yet. What model is it? It might be fixable.

Entry level - cs36 14" bar. Was given to me by father-in-law so only have 30 bucks into it. I am mechanically capable so could do piston replacement myself. I just figured if piston and ring were going to be around 100 bucks I might as well get a new one. I have been doing some research and realize I will need a big saw for milling and will need a smaller saw for general use. 1K is what a rifle or other good gear costs me so I am ok with that, but, I understand your statement about using such a big saw freehand all day.

Latest posts

Back