Full carb repair kit for a Husky 2100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tillotson repair kit- RK-23-HS is the major repair kit for the HS 136-B,C,D series.
Found that but I don’t think it has what I need. I have 2 old carbs and whatever it is thats in that little port behind the brass valve has deteriorated in both of them.
that kit may have it but I can’t tell from the pic.

Yes. It is in the exploded view in the IPL but I can’t seem to copy/paste it
The parts just have #s so I don’t know what to call it :p

In that case it was probably a welch plug put in there to "delete" the governor and stop it from working- a common over ride- that or a BB pellet.

image0 (57).jpeg

In that case it was probably a welch plug put in there to "delete" the governor and stop it from working- a common over ride- that or a BB pellet.

View attachment 1112031
What are 82 17-01 and 82 18-01?
the 2 carbs I have had the small washer, 48 50-01 and the mystery thing in my pics, that’s it.
The 48 38-02 brass plug is on both carbs.

The washer and e clip that hold the butterfly shaft that passes through the entire carb body- not to do with the governor
Well, duh. That pic is extremely confusing, sheesh. So, what the hell was in there besides that little brass washer? It looks like some sort of screen as it seems porous.

there was also what seemed like the remnants of an o ring, nearly disolved

Well, duh. That pic is extremely confusing, sheesh. So, what the hell was in there besides that little brass washer? It looks like some sort of screen as it seems porous.
The picture is not confusing- follow the lines from part #, the lines go to the part/parts and then there is another line that shows where they fit onto or into the carb and as you can see, the washer and e clip end up in a different position from the governor.

All that is involved with the governor is the two parts shown in the diagram- 48 50-01 goes in the hole first (as per diagram) and 48 38-02 screws down on top of it snug.
If you have extra bits in there- it will be from previous owner bypassing the governor as I said above and placing a small metal disc (often a welch plug from another carb kit) between the two parts that should be in there to block the ability of the ball valve to work- allowing the carb to be tuned to a higher max RPM.
If I were you, to uncomplicate it and safeguard your saw a bit, I would put the carb back together as per the stock diagram above and run it with the governor active.

The picture is not confusing- follow the lines from part #, the lines go to the part/parts and then there is another line that shows where they fit onto or into the carb and as you can see, the washer and e clip end up in a different position from the governor.
Ok, fine, not confusing to you but damn confusing to me!
either way, it is not answering my question. Wtf is this thing?

I have answered your question of WTF is this thing twice now- if it is not in that diagram- it was not there from factory!
Sorry , I didn’t understand your terminology. When you referred to a Welch plug I assumed it was part of the carb, like other Welch plugs not some other item used as a “plug”.

Another Tillotson reference I have shows just the governor valve and the washer. Is it possible someone stuck something else in there to plug off the governor…that has since deteriorated?

Well goodness- is it all starting to make better sense now! :surprised3:
Thats pretty much what I typed in post # 8 and 13.

Latest posts

Back