Full House Chain???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like to me that tree in the second video is gunned and felled sidehill, but it rolled into the draw, which was the best lay for it, and it took a small cedar maybe with it.

Sorry but.. what is "gunned"? Also, I watched the video several times, and I am confused also. It looks as if right after the tree starts to move, a few seconds are cut off and all of a sudden she drops.

thanks john.. i made my daughter watch that to remind her what i spend some of my work time doing.. shes a late comer 10 yrs younger than the baby o the family was.. she thinks her daddy just an old grey haird man.. come to think of it,, shes rite.. but shes my perfect one. lol
pity the poor boy that tries anything with her. two brothers bigger than me and two sisters meaner than me. oh im jus going on . i ll get on outa hea:)

Typhoon- "gunned" is when you're making the face cut, you use the "gunning" sights on the saw, the black or pronounced lines on the sprocket cover, starter, and top cover usually, to determine which way the tree is faced. This allows you to place the tree "into the lay" with a high degree of accuracy.

boy Tom that last video looks like hard wood to cut
boy that chain is really cutting on those video's , you were along way ahead of the other guy who ever it was , good start to
that wood seem to cut nice but is big also

Hi Tommy, thats a nice video and thanks for posting it, I will be using to promote myself when I say it's me.
John

Hi Tommy, thats a nice video and thanks for posting it, I will be using to promote myself when I say it's me.
John

Hi Butch, it was just a fly on the table I was trying to buck in half. Will post later after I watch Maverick, I always think I am Mel Gibson, but I am just a Playboy logger.

John

Last edited:
Tom the chain did really cut , was it the chain you put the other teeth on , not to give out any secrets, is it nice there because it is not here but then again where does Doug live i guess i am to be there
i thougt all there was is me , myself and I but i guess one more will never hurt

Woodland got his new chain yesterday and soon as he can run it i will try if it worked or not, but it is not a full house chain just a condo style , could not afford a full house plus i am not a house builder

Hi Tommy, you bet, I love Art, he has helped me from the beginning and is part of the reason I can kick butt from East to West.
Art has done his thing and has chewn his way from Manzanita to Monterey.
Don't make me get out the 3120 EPH.
Pal,
John

I don't really think of Art as a chain-sharpening kinda guy.

I think of him as a Hardcore Treeman.

:cool:

Who were you, anyway? :confused:

Tom if i doggy bone the chain does that make me a full house builder or am i still just a out house builder but like i said before that chain did cut and no one can take that away from you

Gypo, What I love, is to see Art's chain cutting in competition for the whole site to see. Unfortunately the losing chain in Tom's last video was one of Art's, and it showed how fast they can be. Just a thought, could that be the chain he sent you??! Masterblaster, this video doesn't lie, do you want to see more? I’m sure Tom has many more and if not, I do, but keep this in mind, you may not like the results. Has this site ever seen video of good racing saws or chains competing?, I think not! So watch the video and enjoy it, learn from it, and then if you want, try some of it! Dennis

If you are referring to the video with a guy on each end of the log. Claiming the chain is faster to the fella in the foreground. Go back and look again.

The chain is NOT the difference in finishing time. Clearly the fella on the other end of the log gets started considerably slower.

Show me opposing chains into the wood at the same time with stock (equivelant) saws. Then make your claims.

What I saw was a .....slower....operator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back