full wrap / 3/4 wrap handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cop0110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 460 and a 361. Can I get some photos of full and 3/4 wrap handles and where the best place to buy them are. My stihl dealer only says I really dont need them for cutting firewood. well I got the want.... Thanks:chainsaw:

madsen's has what you need
madsen's

the have a 3/4 wrap for your 361 also

here's a 3/4 wrap on my 440 (same handle as 460)
lookin' at it clutch side

440rv00011.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 460 and a 361. Can I get some photos of full and 3/4 wrap handles and where the best place to buy them are. My stihl dealer only says I really dont need them for cutting firewood. well I got the want.... Thanks:chainsaw:

Just my $0.02 cents worth...

But anything I can cut with my 361 , I can cut in any position with a flush handle. Including cutting with the top of the bar and holding the saw against the cut. (no need for a wrap-handle on my 361)

With that said, cutting a lot with my 3/4 wrapped 660, I will find myself reaching for the clutch-cover side handle when I go back to my 361 , Stihl standing firm that I don't need it on my 361 .

I got my 3/4 wrap 660 handle , used from a Sponcer here, Dean at Washington Hot Saws . :cheers:

The USA handlebars from Madsens are great for the money.

I run one on my 046 MAG...

attachment.php

Cool thanks guys. I guess I really dont need either but they sure look cool and make my buddies jealous:chainsaw:

How much are they ? And where did you get them dawgs on that 460? Do you have the part numbers? Man I love this site. Im sure my wife is gonna hate it...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hey Cop if you want a full wrap handle bar get it. Don't let anyone talk you out of it.
When I got a 36"bar for my Stihl a lot of the guys (including the dealer) told me I didn't need it. But it's those same guys that call me to come and block a big log for them. They say they could do it with their saw, but it would take to long with having to do back cuts.
I've also been thinking about getting a full wrap bar.

How do you get to the nut on the cover? It looks like the handle is in the way.

A short barrel scrench or make your own custom one. Madsens or baileys should have 'em and your Stihl dealer should have one or be able to order it.

I can't find the part #.............:cry:

any pictures of a full wrap handle? and advantages or disadvantages of each.. :monkey:

Its up to you but I would not get the USA bar. I has a total different feel than the stihl & if & when the rubber hose needs replacement or repair the thing is welded up unlike the stihl that has a piece that makes to 90 degree turn. Sold the one I had & picked up the stihl from cheap stihl parts fo 45 & another one from just a seller. Just make sure the transaction goes thru palpal & a good record. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back