full wrap / 3/4 wrap handles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any pictures of a full wrap handle? and advantages or disadvantages of each.. :monkey:

I have both and the 1/2 wrap is easier to change bar and chain but
the full wrap is great for felling cuts as the handle keeps the saw around two inches off the dirt. It is also stronger and easier on mounts!

One other note. If you want to add a rubber scrench holder half way up on the inside bar nearest the clutch side of the saw it wont go on the usa bar because they wekded up the area

One other note. If you want to add a rubber scrench holder half way up on the inside bar nearest the clutch side of the saw it wont go on the usa bar because they wekded up the area

you lost me on that on.:cry:

Here is a full wrap bar on the 066. Works great for keeping long bars off the ground.
dscn1562.jpg

Stihl heated 3/4 wrap on the 460.
083108_1021[01].jpg

My only complaint is getting to the first bar nut. Not as easy as the 1/2 wraps.

I have a New England 3/4 wrap (thanks Andy) and really like it. Reason here, cutting around rocks and stone walls. There are plenty of times that you would "like" to cut from the wrong side of the tree. Also being a lefty, I really like cutting both sides. Cut the face, flip the saw and continue to cut.
Once you try it in the woods, you will like it. It works for when you need it.
Chad

Love mine on my 440

Really handy for felling ....Sometimes here a situation is where you have to back cut on the right side....It's worth the money to get one to me......

Latest posts

Back