Fun day! Mini gtg.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paragon Builder

AS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend Mel (Mels on this Site) and my buddy Rich came over today to play chainsaws! He brought some really cool saws. Homelite 750, poulan 4400, and his masterminded 024/6!
We had a great time! That 024 is just WOW! For a small light saw it really hauls the mail! We ran it against his 028 and my husky 55 in a 10" log. The 028 and 55 were very close at around 9.5 sec per cut. The 024 was just over 6sec per cut! It really put a smile on our faces!
Then we got into some bigger wood!
Here I am about to take a bite of it with the 750.
07b4978444ec13f33cc423ccf1dbcd4b.jpg

That saw just flat out cuts! I couldn't stop that chain. I've never ran a saw with that much power!
The poulan cuts real nice too but the oiler wasn't working right so we didn't use it much.
Rich ran out for a few min and when he came back he said my neighbor had a big tree that needed to get cut up. So we headed on down. The tree was over 48" at the base and the homesites 36" bar just barely snuck through about 18' up ( tree was already down).
About an hour and we had that tree in 16" slices for him. And I got to meet a new neighbor![emoji106]
Mel has some video we will have to get up later.

Edit: I was just informed that the poulan is a 4400, not a 3400! Fixed!!!

Nice to see the Homie in action. That 36" bar don't look so big mounted on the 750 with such big wood to cut. l bet your nieghbour is wrapped he don't have to slice up a 48incher with his ms170 12" b/c 0.43 chain!lol. A mastermind 024 would be fun ported saw to run. l bet it turns 15k+ and is a hoot.

Nice to see the Homie in action. That 36" bar don't look so big mounted on the 750 with such big wood to cut. l bet your nieghbour is wrapped he don't have to slice up a 48incher with his ms170 12" b/c 0.43 chain!lol. A mastermind 024 would be fun ported saw to run. l bet it turns 15k+ and is a hoot.
Yeah that log has been there for a couple years now. His son said he had a buddy with a saw with a 20" bar on it. That would be a while. Lol! He was thrilled! Wanted to pay us but I told him we were just having fun today anyways. Hopefully I gained a good neighbor.[emoji106]

Back