Fundraiser for fixing 4 wheeler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spare 390XP Anybody

Since you guys are in the giving mood does anybody have a spare Husqvarna 390XP that they would like to donate to me? I will take a 385 or a 395 but would much prefer the 390. I'd like to have one in good shape if possible. Oh yeah if you have some good chains and bars pitch them in the box too. I'll pay for shipping. :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm a little down on my luck right now, the kids are hungry and need new shoes and clothes the 066 needs new crank seals and a bigger carb. Could anyone send some greenbacks so I can get this saw fixed, the Falll GTG is coming up fast and I'll need it going good, I'm going to need money for gas too. Bless your Hearts Suckers:)

I thought about sending him some files. I'm glad I didnt offer, if I did and didnt ship them he wouldnt be seeing them.

Needless to say I dont think this guy will have any luck getting any more handouts.

1st post

I will probably step on some toes here as this is my first post but here goes. I have been lurking here for a while. I thought this would be a good place to pick up some pointers on using a chainsaw and move wood. Now I am starting to think I was wrong. You guys have really torn into this kid. I don't care what the circumstances were, he appologized for causing a rukis and even posted photos of the repair. I don't hold anything against him. It sounds like he might live on a farm? And his tractor is broke? Maybe he traded a truck for a 4 wheeler because he needed something to replace the broke tractor??? I won't be sticking around here thats for sure. So much for nice folks. I feel for ya isaaccarlson don't let these wahoos get you down. You did the right thing in my book and have no reason to be ashamed.

BTW: do you still want to try some files? I can ship them in the morning.

It also sounds like he was trying to help out his brother (he needed a first vehicle). issaccarlson sounds like a real good person to me. He has posted some really good stuff that I will definitely use. Most of the other members here have BAD language, pics, etc... This kid has not said ONE bad word! He has not posted ONE bad picture!!!!!!!!!! He has not gotten mad at those chewing his butt. Looks to me like the members on ArboristSite need to grow up. I don't blame him if he leaves.

I have not said one bad word about the guy,I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I think he is starting to see how bad it is to ask for money over the web. The Web is huge,most of us have no idea if this guy even exists,he is just someone posting on the internet for money. We have no idea if he has done this in other sites and succeeded. This could very well be a scam. If he was really down on his luck and needed help,he could hook up to local charities,and apply for aid from the government or even his local church. I am show his Mormon congregation would help him if he is hurting. To try to get money off of complete strangers is appalling and sad. I for one will have a hard time ever trusting any off his posts again.
As far as growing up,this is a case of the OP really showing bad judgement. Over the years I have seen many on this site help others that they knew were truly in need,most of us know absolutely nothing about this guy. If he was closer I would try to find out more. But if he really needed help would it not be for his family and not for a quad? I agree the brow beating has gone on more then it should,but I believe most can not really believe a guy would pull this stunt on a site like this. Good luck what ever you decide. I personally have found the vast majority of guys to be just great helpful guys.

It also sounds like he was trying to help out his brother (he needed a first vehicle). issaccarlson sounds like a real good person to me. He has posted some really good stuff that I will definitely use. Most of the other members here have BAD language, pics, etc... This kid has not said ONE bad word! He has not posted ONE bad picture!!!!!!!!!! He has not gotten mad at those chewing his butt. Looks to me like the members on ArboristSite need to grow up. I don't blame him if he leaves.

Im sure deep down issaccarlson is a great guy.I dont know him personally, just what ive gleamed from around here,but the truth of the matter is you are dead wrong about the rest of the members around here.Since you are new here, I will fill you in on a project that you can read about right here
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=134452

In short, members across the country are paying money out of their own pocket to ship a helmet to each other to sign,and the helmet will be then raffled off and all of the proceeds given to a member or a charity that could use the extra help.Each and every member who wants to participate will have a voice in who the proceeds go to.This is being done out of the kindness of their hearts,the willingness to help those less fortunate,and a desire to help our brothers and sisters that could not only use a little financial help but a token of our companionship and comraderie.

As far as the bashing goes,a great deal of it was done in humor,at least on my part.I was flabergasted that a member would ask for help in fixing a luxury item,not an essential tool that is necessary in day to day life.If he had asked for some help in getting his electric bill paid,some help in getting his wood in for the year,or food on the table it would have been a totally different response.

I myself havent been here long,but in the few short years that I have been here I have seen members call out for help when they saw someone in need, and the response was overwhelming.Saws where donated for raffle for a member who was injured on the job, funds collected for medical bills, and thougts and prayers sent out from all over the globe when a member lost his best friend and wife to an illness.You will not find a better class of people anywhere than what you will find right here.

In closing,I offer this tidbit of advise.For your first post,you might try introducing yourself rather than bashing members as a whole. Members here are a fickle bunch,and it takes time to get to not only know how they operate,but also how humor tends to run around here.Sometimes it seems kind of cold,especially if you dont know a member real well,but I invite you to pull up a chair, do some reading,ask a few questions,tell us about yourself, and above all else realize that mere text tells very little about someone until you get to know them a little better.

Again, sorry to ruffle feathers. Yes, there were others I could have asked, but I asked you and can't change that. I traded the truck for the 4 wheeler because the tractor has a blown head gasket and I needed something to replace it until I can get it fixed. I was under the impression that the 4 wheeler was in running condition as I had used it in Feb when visiting my Dad. It worked great then. I was hoping to get some things done with it last week, not work on it. The front end does not have the plastic back on it yet but I did use it to do some mowing last night. I have to clean up a bunch of trees I cut in the yard last week. I also have to finish cleaning up the neighbor's cottonwood that blew down in a storm. I have several large items to move around and lots more grass to mow. I would have been keeping it mowed but the tractor is on the fritz, so now I am mowing 4-5 foot weeds in places. I thought some of the folks here might like to help out, I apologize. I can't really use the car/truck to pull the mower. The driveway needs to have some work done on it as well so we don't have to ford a lake to get to the road. I have brush to pull and trees to skid. It is hard to find help around here as most people have other things to do. I am trying to do everything by myself as my little brother(the one who got the truck) lives with dad and is not allowed to come over because dad is a control freak (He is my dad and I love to go see him). My other younger brother (Ben) is on his mission in Nevada. Ben will be home a couple days before Christmas so that leaves only me to do the work until he gets home and until my Baby brother turns 18 and can move away from dad. It is a LOT harder with only 1 out of 3. We have always been close knit and always will be. Lets put this thread to bed.

The tractor has a blown head gasket. When you get around to fixing it, there is a trick that an old timer gave me. Use a heat gun to heat the head and block up then retorque the head before putting on the valves. Worked great for me. The M is a great tractor.
Best of luck

GREAT TIP! thanks. I will be sure to do that. It will save trouble/time. I agree the M IS a great tractor. It is a good thing they are so simple so when parts are obsolete you can fix it yourself or have a shop make them for a couple bucks.

Latest posts

Back