funny chainsaw story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A few years ago I was on vacation in Tennessee. My Grandma has a cabin down there in the mountains near North Carolina. In her yard there were a few pine trees that fell. She asked me if I would cut them up for her. She had already cut up the small stuff with a cheap electric chainsaw. (Keep in mind she is 80 years old.) So, I was thinking oh great I’m going to be here all day with this POS working on this tree. Then she tells me that she has a gas chainsaw in the house. So we head to the house. She says in the bedroom closet there is a chainsaw in a case. (logical place to keep a chainsaw). So I go to the closet thinking I’m going to find a Homelite, Polan or a Craftsman. I drag the case out and open it up and inside is a MINT stihl 024 super. I almost fell over I was so surprised. I asked her when the last time it ran was and she said it had been a few years. So I dumped the gas and put fresh stuff in it. It fired up in about 4 pulls. I got that tree cut up in no time.

Then I asked her why she had such a nice saw. She said that she went to the local hardware store and asked then for a good saw. And that is what they sold her. She thinks that she bought it about 12 years ago. We ended up bringing the saw back to Michigan so I can use it. She said it is still hers but I can use it whenever I want. And that it’s mine when she is gone. It still cracks me up every time I see that saw.

Reminds me of a little old lady we took a tree down for last year. 88 or 89 years old I think. She wanted to save $ and not have the stump ground. She worked that thing with a hatchet all summer until it was gone! I love customers like her!

My friend's mother is very well-to-do and owns a lovely "cabin" in the mountains. She is a strong woman and will keep up with most men. The other day when she came down to Houston for a visit, I asked her why she looked a little stiff. She replied that she spent the weekend at the cabin cutting firewood with her new chainsaw! I love it! BTW, she is 78.

JQ

My friend's mother is very well-to-do and owns a lovely "cabin" in the mountains. She is a strong woman and will keep up with most men. The other day when she came down to Houston for a visit, I asked her why she looked a little stiff. She replied that she spent the weekend at the cabin cutting firewood with her new chainsaw! I love it! BTW, she is 78.

JQ

Well? What did she get??

Omg

Reminds me of a little old lady we took a tree down for last year. 88 or 89 years old I think. She wanted to save $ and not have the stump ground. She worked that thing with a hatchet all summer until it was gone! I love customers like her!

That wasn't in plattsburgh area was it? My great grandmother about 10 or 15 yrs ago, maybe more, did that same thing. She had a mini stroke while she was chopping up the stump dude. We laughed like fools about that. Not the stroke, but about her will to do things. Kids these days are mostly pathetic... hehehehehehehe

:popcorn:

We didn't know who she got to cut the tree down though, hence the question.

homesick for the Adirondacks

Hey Cisco and Toddstree, you guys make me homesick for the Adirondacks. How were the fall colors this year?

-Former Upstate New Yorker

Super nice year for that. Brighter than alot of years I can remember in the past...

I shall dig up a pic...

:cheers: eh?

Yeah, post some pix. I already checked out your sawmill site. Nice. A friend of mine down here has a Wood Mizer 40 with hydraulic log lift & cant plus the tractor seat operator's chair. He mills a lot of big white oak and sells the mill scrap for firewood.

Pix

Buddy of mine does the same thing...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for those pictures. Now I'm really homesick. I was just in northern Indiana on a business trip the last two days and the colors are still in their full glory there. Beautiful.

Did you get blasted with snow Monday? I heard Syracuse got dumped on. Gotta talk to my dad and see how much they got on the north side of Deerfield Hill.

Latest posts

Back