gaint xmass tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A fellow from France sent me some of these pics I did for him when he was back in town dealing with his mothers house. Due to the gusty winds and the close proximity of the houses, fences etc I had to speed line every single fn branch; that had me in the tree around six hours. I was spent after this one.

the tree with the BC hydro guys
attachment.php

another pic of the hydro guys; they cleared the 12k line for me to 90 feet; great guys and they cleaned up their mess.
attachment.php

the horses for the day; I almost smoked my 7900 with a branch before I had to admit I could not get away with cut and dropping any branches.
attachment.php

Me showing a nieghbourhood kid how speed lines work; he was wondering how I could avoid putting a new sky light in his house next door! I brought the dump truck for this job.
attachment.php

Im big shotted in and have laddered the tree to bypass as much ivey as possible. Cody is setting the porty and beck is rolling the throw line up.
attachment.php

Last edited:
some more pics

In case you do not know this pic gives you an idea how problematic English Ivy is on the coast.
attachment.php

Silhouette of me fighting my way through the Ivy once I was off the ladder.
attachment.php

All these branches were were very long making for some interesting rigging at times to get them into the small drop zone
attachment.php

I lost my lid a couple times trying to get the speed lines out as far as possible on the lower branches.
attachment.php

I left a couple stubs for future rigging points... after the umteenth time the speed line caught on them I went down and nuked them.
attachment.php

last 5 pics

The dump truck full up.
attachment.php

We had to move in my f350 non dumping pickup to finish up with the scraps. The troops did a great job cleaning as we went. I'm taking a break by cleaning up as Cody is falling the last piece with some weird mechanical advantage system.
attachment.php

I'm on the receiving end of this call the next day "there to big"
attachment.php

The owner forgo any firewood sale at my request so the tree could be turned into furniture by my friend. That was some consolation for the tree I suppose; I had told them the tree was very healthy but the neighbourhood had decided it was to dangerous. The other bidders earlier in the month had not mentioned the tree was no threat at all. By the time the owner flew in from France, with that many parties involved, the dye was cast.
attachment.php

Last edited:
The picture I ment to upload 1st last post

The owner asked for a hero shot...
attachment.php

I hope this guy wasn't picking on you too badly.;)

attachment.php

We have Ivy out here that is as bad as that growing on some tree trucks.

Thanks for the pics. Nice job. Shame it had to come down.

One more pic I found on the disk

My daughters helping me out late in the day, they were quickly grubby and full of sap which had mom displeased.
attachment.php

My daughters helping me out late in the day, they were quickly grubby and full of sap which had mom displeased.
attachment.php

I can't beleive you would let those kids freeclimb like that.

dat was a big stick, smove.
See? I told evryone to get chin straps too:)

awesome pics and nice job! One thing I learned this year was to get a faltimier cube (or however you spell it) for your throw line. Neat compact storage and sooooo nice when you make that perfect throw and the line doesn't snag a stick or rock or whatever. For $25 it was well worth it! .... Mike

I'm impressed. Very impressed. You don't need to carry no MAN card when doing that kind of work.

Thanks Lads

I find I have little time to post anything these days so the feedback is appreciated when I make time.

Ha ha, whats a no man card Kenny?

The bag is on my list of stuff Mike; problem is I have no money ha ha. The big problem is I can not buy anything like that locally so everything has to ordered. Which requires me to sit down or pick up the phone and do it, you know the storey...

Cheers

Latest posts

Back