Gas cans!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on cans from the great white north. If you are close enough to the border it is worth a trip to canadian tire. I think the 5 gal cans are under $20 and they have a regular old vent. Now on the other hand I came across a "potable water" can that looks exactly like an old style jeep can except that it is light blue and has the old style vent and fill spout. They are around $17. I can't imagine that the material it is made out of is any different than a regular gas can. They are made by a company named Moeller. Now if a person just happened to "accidently" put regular gas in one of these containers, it would probably work just fine. I would never, never, never do anything like this because that would be wrong.:msp_wink:

I agree with the poster about the "No-Spill" brand, super easy to use, I've had 5 of these since 2000 and no problems at all, order the 6 inch clear extension helps a lot.

learned this from my dad

I use old fabric softener or laundry detergent jugs...one color jug for mix, and a different color jug for bar oil...don't fill em' clear up, but the built-in spouts help when pouring, and the fancy re-drain thingy helps keep the front of the jug clean. I can usually get one jug and one saw in each hand...head back to the truck at lunch to refill from the EPA can and factory oil bottle...at least the spills aren't on the saws.

Just make sure to get jugs with GOOD spouts on them...the ones that twist on (not the lid, the spout) work fine for oil, but leak mix all over heck and back.

Might work for ya'?

Cheers!

I ran out of gas on my Harley a couple summers ago and had to buy one of those new 1 gallon jugs at the gas station. I had more of the gas on the side of the road than in my tank. I left it on the side of the rode once I got the bike started.

I don't know how thats better for the environment.

The new CARB-compliant nozzles have nothing to do with safety or preventing spills.

Their design is exclusively to prevent VAPOR from escaping the can during storage.

Somehow spilling a quart of gas on the ground is better for the environment than a few teaspoons of gas escaping the can as vapor during storage...

Back