Gas Container Recommendation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, thats a hefty price for combican when you get here them for less than 30e...

I agree, I would like to get a couple, but by the time you pay shipping to the states you are well over $100:dizzy: That is pretty steep for a couple of gas cans. IMO

I agree, I would like to get a couple, but by the time you pay shipping to the states you are well over $100:dizzy: That is pretty steep for a couple of gas cans. IMO

Yeah, around 20e for packets under 1kg to usa...

Found 'em at Bailey's...Called "Mini-Piggy" gas can

Yea, if someone finds them in the US let me know. I see I can order them from the UK, but shipping would take the fun out of it.

I just did a search for them too. Found them at Baileys. Perhaps someone has already found them too, I didn't finish reading the thread. Oh well...

Here's the link: (I hope this works)

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/134?mv_session_id=6bkgxAZA&product_sku=17010

James

http://www.stantonhope.co.uk under chainsaw accessories

they do a stihl combi can 18.30 gbp also a couple of versions of the no spill nozzel,
I used to have an oregon combi which caught fire now I use a huskie one which I've had for the last 12 years

Save your money

I just did a search for them too. Found them at Baileys. Perhaps someone has already found them too, I didn't finish reading the thread. Oh well...

Here's the link: (I hope this works)

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/134?mv_session_id=6bkgxAZA&product_sku=17010

James

Save your cash. The mini-piggy at Bailey's is the cheapo Wedco combi-can with the crappy lids and funky corrugated extendable spouts that you have to turn inside the can for transport. I bought one at the local dealer last year for about the same $ as Bailey's and I hate it. Looked like a great idea at the time but was a big waste of $15. Sloppy made lids don't fit worth a damn, leaks about half the time, and the oil spout picks up every piece of fuzz, dust, dirt, leaf, etc. because when you pull it out of the can to use it it is all slimy with bar oil.
Finnbear

I like a can made by chilton, but I can not find them any more. They have a fixed spout with a slight bend in the end and a plastic cap that is attached. I liked the idea of the piggyback and bought one from Baileys. I hate the pull out spouts. I took a couple of chilton spouts (I had to trim them down) and installed them on the piggyback can. Works well, I want one like the one pictured in this thread, but I have only found one on Ebay and 48 + shipping is a little steep for a gas can.

Jim

really like my justrite #10327 one gal w/spout. if I had to pay the $87 retail. probably would pass.

found mine for $4, then replaced cork seals. works great! accurately dispenses fuel without spilling. seals tight enough to carry inside cab without gagging ya...

these type II cans auto closes and will vent at 3-4 psi.

finnbear--i have a waaay old wedco---which aint parts for no more--the oil spout--i put like your going to use it---and dont put it back in---and put a caplug of the right size on the tip--voila--no more mess--and no chips down the spout---and the old wedco i have--never leaks--but like everything else--they keep dropping the quality control---

finnbear--i have a waaay old wedco---which aint parts for no more--the oil spout--i put like your going to use it---and dont put it back in---and put a caplug of the right size on the tip--voila--no more mess--and no chips down the spout---and the old wedco i have--never leaks--but like everything else--they keep dropping the quality control---
The new Wedco cans have the appearance of coming from WORN OUT molds where the details are no longer crisp. That is why mine leaks. The mold halves don't mate up like they shoud and the critical sealing areas end up misaligned and malformed and in use they leak. The design is fine and was probably good when it was new and the molds were in good shape. I've tried to find a plug for the oil spout so I don't have to turn it back inside the can for transport but I can't find one that fits. You'd think Wedco would supply one with the can so you could use it without getting the spout all slimy with bar oil and then attracting every bit of dust and dirt in a 20 foot radius of the can.
Finnbear

I always used the two in one red jugs, for oil and gas, but I have since been working with an amish guy that simply uses two one gallon bar oil jugs (like the Jonsered ones). He fills the saw gas jug all the way up, and the bar oil one about half way (no point carrying what you won't use) then attaches them together with a stout little cord or rope.

I have since found he is right, and this is a great way to carry fuel and oil around while falling trees and such. It only takes one finger on the string to carry both jugs, you can throw them over your shoulder and carry both, they pour easily and accurately, and if you lose them or drive over them or drop a tree on them it saves you $15 or more dollars and you can easily hang them in a tree on a small branch.

Just an idea,

Sam

I like the Justrite safety cans.
http://www.justritemfg.com/product....es&max=1&bob=Safety Container Products&bob2=3
I have 1 that is near to twenty years old. They don't leak,they keep the fuel fresh and are a high quality can.

I am getting close to springing for a couple of these elephant snout styled safety cans.

They are list in two sizes of spout, 2/3 and 1 inch. I assume the smaller size would work better in saws.

Any other feedback from anyone on these cans before I layout that kind of money? Does the fixed spout cause any dirt issues?

I am getting close to springing for a couple of these elephant snout styled safety cans.
They are list in two sizes of spout, 2/3 and 1 inch. I assume the smaller size would work better in saws.
Does the fixed spout cause any dirt issues?

Mine are the 5 gal cans and have the larger spout because I do not use them with my saws[the original question was fueling generators]
The smaller spout and smaller size cans would be fine for for saw use. As far as dirt goes I had a plastic cap to slip over the end of the spout to keep dirt out. But it really is not a problem because mine never go afield and if left with the spout down while in the garage dirt is not an issue.

Any other feedback from anyone on these cans before I layout that kind of money? Does the fixed spout cause any dirt issues?

I have the UNO version of those cans...it adds a trigger handle to the spout so nothing comes out until you pull the trigger. Put the spout in the tank, pull the trigger, when the tank fills, let go of the trigger, THEN you remove the spout. No drips, no runs, no errors. There is zero glugging, zero leaking, zero spilling, zero nothing. (I like that last one, but it doesn't mean a thing...) The gaskets on them are 1/8th inch thick neoprene. Trust me...these are not going to leak.

I can't say this for sure, and the testing would be prohibitively expensive (since I paid $75 for the can at Gemplers), but I'm quite sure it could be used to jack up a Ford Explorer. It's not a gas *can*, it's a gas TANK. The fit and finish, the powder-coat paint, the workmanship, the feakin' everything about JustRite cans is the best in the world. They are also the second, third, and fourth best in the world. Seriously, not even Eagle can touch these things.

Other than all that, I guess I like mine...

Latest posts

Back