Gas Powered Impact Wrench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eiklj

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This was traded in the other day. I'd like to get the old girl running but I'm gonna need some parts.
Any idea what powerhead this is?
View attachment 255350View attachment 255351View attachment 255352
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a shot of the muffler.
View attachment 255359
attachment.php

Rear AV mounts are shot and the handle is broke. Musta been sitting in a shop or barn for a long time.
View attachment 255360
attachment.php

Recoil looks like it might have come from something else as the paint color isn't even close.
The case clearly says "Made in Italy" but is looks more Husqvarna or Jonsered to me. Any ideas???
View attachment 255361
attachment.php

I cant help in identifying anything, but man thats cool, never seen anything like it.

View attachment 255366
attachment.php

We had a Stihl similar to this one come thru the shop last year. Owned by the railroad. They used it for maintaining the rails and other general service. But I've never seen anyone else who made one similar until this one came in.
Sorry the picture is so small, it's the only one I could find.

the saw is an olympyk, mayby a 254 or 264 with a drill attachmant used a lot drilling holes in trees for maple syrup.

the saw is an olympyk, mayby a 254 or 264 with a drill attachmant used a lot drilling holes in trees for maple syrup.

I wondered if the gearbox was Canadien as the plate was in French.
Would the 1" drive be swapped out for a drill chuck or would the drill bit have a 1" drive socket on the end?
Thanks for the info.

I wondered if the gearbox was Canadien as the plate was in French.
Would the 1" drive be swapped out for a drill chuck or would the drill bit have a 1" drive socket on the end?
Thanks for the info.

the one's i've seen had a chuck like a drill.

the one's i've seen had a chuck like a drill.

I don't think I'd want to drill a hole in anything with that beast. If they drill bit were to catch on something, You'd make 5 revolutions before you were able to let off the trigger. :dizzy:

I don't think I'd want to drill a hole in anything with that beast. If they drill bit were to catch on something, You'd make 5 revolutions before you were able to let off the trigger. :dizzy:

I agree.

The unit is an impact not a drill. There are many drill attachments for saws but I see very few impacts. If somone wants to drill a hole with it they will be amazed at how fast the unit will be ripped from their hands. An impact free spins at a very high RPM. A gas powered geared drill turns very slowly as to allow the operator a bit of time to let off teh trigger when a problem occurs.

Bill

I've used that one I repaired.....It would definitely turn a drill bit of any size into little bits if the drill caught....Once it hits a load and the "impact" starts, it's ridiculous!

I've got a gas powered hammer drill, definately a different beast than an impact wrench.

117105168_7F20235AC8DE893CF4B9D10EA0D6509B.JPG

It's only 16cc as I recall, and it's great for drilling 3/8" and 1/2" holes in rocks or concrete. I have a conventional drill chuck for it and occasionally use it for drilling into wood. It's got just a bit more oomph than my 1/2" Milwaukee, but the lack of reverse is a PITA if you get a bit stuck in a deep hole.

Latest posts

Back