Gasket remover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally use the "yellow" ro-lock (i think thats rite) disks in an angle die grinder. lotsa soft plastic fingers that slowly remove the gasket. use em on aluminum all the time. have to be kinda careful cuz if you really try they will remove metal but not easily if you keep them moving. another trick i use on totally flat surfaces is the flat file. just gently ever so lighly slide it over the surface to find high spots or gasket leftovers

i personally use the "yellow" ro-lock (i think thats rite) disks in an angle die grinder. lotsa soft plastic fingers that slowly remove the gasket. use em on aluminum all the time. have to be kinda careful cuz if you really try they will remove metal but not easily if you keep them moving. another trick i use on totally flat surfaces is the flat file. just gently ever so lighly slide it over the surface to find high spots or gasket leftovers

+1 use the rolock finger disc alot they are great.:rock:

When you use bristle discs you need to be sure and clean up all of the abrasive impregnated plastic particles that slough off during the cleaning procedure. The aluminum oxide can be kind of rough on rotating parts.

personally i use a blunt chisel and a framing hammer. and for the really tough stuck on crap, i pull out the big guns! pneumatic chisel:rock:

but seriously, purple power soak, and a razor blade

I soak the gasket with WD40 and then carefully use a single edge razor blade. I then clean the cylinder or saw case with a scotchbrite pad and acetone. I use WD40 for almost everything eg. cleaning compressor hoses, etc. Works great.
bob

Small paint scraper with a plastic razor blade, then follow up with a rag and acetone.

Back