Gasoline Priced Low

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why Britian is so high either.

Tax. its all tax. With North Sea oil well on the decline we import oil heavily now so I guess the tax helps encourage greener behaviours.....well....it moved people from petrol engined cars to diesel....but now diesel owners are about to be clobbered as city air quality is suffering from the particulates and NOX.

Sounds like everyone in USA gets gas WAY cheaper than in Canada these days and we have one of the worlds largest oil reserves.
Makes no sense at all of course, just rich getting richer and us paying their way.
Not sure why Britian is so high either.
Well with the values of the dollar alone it would work out to $2.34/gal, but we know that has nothing to do with it all. Taxes are a major factor, let alone the employment cost in Canada. The self serving entities will continue to drive costs up across the board, and some of us will plant more potatoes to get us through the winter.

$2.44 over here on the East side of Washington. Beginning of July the gas tax when UP 5 cents but the gas price went DOWN a few cents. Washington has one of the highest fuel tax in the nation. May now be the highest with the latest 5 cent increase.
We're 25% higher than that.

Yous should not be whining about FAT Christy after all he is all for you keeping your guns and is endorsing the other fellow for President so you can keep your guns.

$2.02 a gallon here, I really believe the politicians have gotten richer on fuel prices and insurance cost we pay.

:D Al

Around here, the ethanol producers say that they cannot make any profit at all if the average gasoline price remains at $2 a gallon or lower. They will be forced to shut down the production of even 10% ethanol. This comes even when corn prices are half of what they were two years ago.

One of the fuel stations that is maybe a 1 minute drive from New Haven Terminal,
the price for 87= $2.19, diesel = $2.25

Hard to believe, but I can buy $2.10 diesel here.

BTW, add a penny to all fuel prices that end with a 9 in this thread. The actual price that ends with a 9 actually ends with 9999999 ... etc. to the right. The pump rounds up. I'm rather surprised that the FTC has not stepped in on this. You lose just under a penny a gallon to the posted price.

For example, $2.09 is actually $2.09999999 --> $2.10. But, you already knew that, right?

It's been sitting at $2.07 for reg. pump gas and about $2.75 for 91 non-ethanol for a while but the one station in town that is the first to raise/last to lower just jumped to $2.14 for regular today. Diesel been hovering around $2.00 for a couple of months.

Latest posts

Back