Gate Arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More on transporting it.

My taking the Gate Arch to work is not as slick, nor efficient as OR's swivel setup (GREAT idea!).

I put my gate arch together when I need it. This means I really use it less than I might otherwise. Still, it only boils down to 8 lug nuts, and shlepping it off the truck.

It's like having a highly specialized, live-in ground worker that you never have to pay or feed forever. Always there, always willing to step up and help you make money and work easier; a good friend.

Ooops, I forgot to post the picture of OR's setup. Here it is, very well done:
attachment_19903.php

firing up the welder today to fabricate one of my own. great idea. moves a pile of brush in a hurry and not much by way of drag marks in the yard. i like it. will have one built shortly.

Don't be shy

Redbull said:
Still waiting to find out where to get one. Anybody? I couldn't find it at FFP.com either.

Call FFP, say, "I wanna talk to the President." if he's not in, say, "Gimme his cell phone #."

If you get an answering machine, say "I live in central Kansas. I wanna buy a gate arch. How much would it be to get it to my doorstep. Here's MY cell phone number."

I can almost guarantee you this will get a result.http://futureforestry.com/contact%5ccontact.html

I don't think people are having trouble finding the website. The problem is arising from the fact that when you go to the site the "gate arch" is not listed or pictured anywhere that I could find.

Newfie said:
I don't think people are having trouble finding the website. The problem is arising from the fact that when you go to the site the "gate arch" is not listed or pictured anywhere that I could find.

It's that new, Newfie. You're on the cutting-edge in this technology.

JP, you bought a HUGO? You dirty dog ! You can pick up, like, a 4-ton log. You've got the Mac Daddy of all arches, the big Enchilada, <i>Archus mega-grandus</i>.

I know this is a thread about the <b>Gate Arch</b>, but you gotta kick us down a few pictures.

Tree Machine said:
I know this is a thread about the <b>Gate Arch</b>, but you gotta kick us down a few pictures.

Eventuall, I allready sold a couple veneer logs with it.

I'm still in the learnig curve of how to load it so it's stable though. I think I'll be using ratchet straps on it vs. the chains provided.

I have moved some big honkin logs with it.

You better believe he's towing the log to the mill. The Hugo can be Towed on-road, with-log.

Caryr, you've got all three sizes? You lucky dog. Moving logs around has become quite your specialty, eh? I'll bet it revolutionized your business, or got you entered into one.

On-road use?

I have a feeling that Future Forestry will not condone the use of these things on the road, for liability reasons, but we're all big boys and will use our best judgement as we see individually fit.

I think I saw that shot.... was that the one where the gimungus walnut log was being pulled out of a mud pit with a Volvo??

Back