GB brand bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StihlKiwi

StihlKiwi

ArboristSite Guru
I have a GB Ti bar and rate it higher that it's Oregon equivalent (similar price). Although there are reports of the new GB's being manufactured in China and of crappy steel, it may pay to check out where it was made

jughead500

jughead500

Sasquatch
i had a gb bar and chain on my old solo 639.i guess that was probably 12 years ago.great quality.seemed just as good as stihl.dont know about now.i try to steer away from anything from china

MPE

ArboristSite Member
The old Aussie orange ones were great. The white ProTop ones were so-so, about on a par with Oregon PowerMatch. What happened post-China, I cannot say for sure, but I don't have to know for sure because simply knowing they're Chinese is information enough.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
GB is yet another good old name (formerly made in Australia, good quality products) that is no longer what it used to be -- now made in China...

The Pro-Top and the "Titanium" (CN40) used to be good quality when made in Austalia, but the cheaper "Powertech" had a rather challenged reputation even then.

outdoortype

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
If it's made in Australia-grab it!!!!

I have an australian GB pro top and love it. It's used 2 chains and the rails are finally starting to show a little wear. In terms of wear, it easily equals my Tsumura(Total Superbar) and is far superior to my supposedly profesional Oregon powermatch plus.

Latest posts