GB brand bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a GB Ti bar and rate it higher that it's Oregon equivalent (similar price). Although there are reports of the new GB's being manufactured in China and of crappy steel, it may pay to check out where it was made

GB is yet another good old name (formerly made in Australia, good quality products) that is no longer what it used to be -- now made in China...

i had a gb bar and chain on my old solo 639.i guess that was probably 12 years ago.great quality.seemed just as good as stihl.dont know about now.i try to steer away from anything from china

The old Aussie orange ones were great. The white ProTop ones were so-so, about on a par with Oregon PowerMatch. What happened post-China, I cannot say for sure, but I don't have to know for sure because simply knowing they're Chinese is information enough.

GB is yet another good old name (formerly made in Australia, good quality products) that is no longer what it used to be -- now made in China...

The Pro-Top and the "Titanium" (CN40) used to be good quality when made in Austalia, but the cheaper "Powertech" had a rather challenged reputation even then.

If it's made in Australia-grab it!!!!

I have an australian GB pro top and love it. It's used 2 chains and the rails are finally starting to show a little wear. In terms of wear, it easily equals my Tsumura(Total Superbar) and is far superior to my supposedly profesional Oregon powermatch plus.

gb

Why on the paint job on the bar does it say made in Australia if they are in fact made in china

What is everyone's opinion on a GB pro top bar
I run an Aussie made GB on my 372 and it has proved to be as durable as any bar I've used. I believe it is a pro top, but I'm not completely sure as the paint has been gone for some time

Latest posts

Back