GB??? or China Knockoff In Husqvarna paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
These Husky labeled bars makes me wonder if their just a china knockoff bars in husky paint ???????????

Does anybody have a closeup pic of these yet????

Funny that they are offering small mount husky when GB has told their dealers they will not tool up to do that mount. China will tool up for anything............

I wish you husky dealers all the success in the world with this venture don't take me wrong.............. I'm not angry just curious to who actually made these bars.

Scott

These Husky labeled bars makes me wonder if their just a china knockoff bars in husky paint ???????????

Does anybody have a closeup pic of these yet????

Funny that they are offering small mount husky when GB has told their dealers they will not tool up to do that mount. China will tool up for anything............

I wish you husky dealers all the success in the world with this venture don't take me wrong.............. I'm not angry just curious to who actually made these bars.

Scott

The ones I got are legitimate GB bars. They are all the larger mount. I don't recall if the small mount was available or not because I was only interested in the larger mount at the time.

It wasn't my intention to imply that Tony's bars are coming from Husky, and I have no idea where he is getting them. Funny that he hasn't mentioned it though, but if he was buying them from Husky, then certainly he would expect that they would be labeled as Husky's.

I do think that what we are seeing may be some after affects from Sten's purchase of GB. Everything tends to get rearranged after buyouts like this, and sometimes you'll see some inventory dumped as things are realigned.

Those prices looked pretty low for a real deal GB Ti.

I'm gonna call them to see if they can discount Stihl bars that much.:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Ordered Oregon Bars got Husky Bars

I ordered two Oregon 24 inch bars that fit a Husky 372xp from Baileys. When I opened up the package I was stunned to see that they sent me Husqvarna Bars.

I called up Bailey's Immediately and the customer service rep told me that they are made by Oregon, just have the Husqvarna name on them.

What are better quality bars? The oregon powermatch bars or the Husqvarna?

Christian

I have read here that replaceable sprocket tip husky bars are powermatch bars just repainted. I doubt that you would notice any difference in the bars if the ones you got are GB or Oregon.

Now cuttinscott, if you wanted to know if the bars are GB or chinese knock off, couldn't you call GB and ask if they make bars for husky? That seems to me to be an easy way to get an answer.

I doubt Amicks would try to pass off a chinese bar as a GB ti, that would destroy their reputation and customer base on here.

Lets have Amicks get the bars delivered and then we can ask questions. We don't need another bar fiasco.

husky bars are the same as a oregon power match bar. just think of it as a rebadged tools, they are similar except minor cosmetic changes :clap: oregon makes bars for: solo,emak,jonserd,oleo mak,poulan,echo, jonserd,john deere,husky,tanka,homelite:) :)
:givebeer:
:cheers:

Husky bars are GB Pro Tops

GB sold Husqvarna Charlotte about 30,000 of them 3 years ago when their main bar manufacturer was having a hard time supplying them.

Husky Charlotte has been trying to sell them for about 2 years now (yes, we were on the early call list, but couldn't settle on a good price at the time). They are painted Pro Top bars (not CN40 titanium).

Thanks Nic the ProTop thing makes sense... Cause GB has told me many times they will not tool up for small husky/small dolmar mount in the titanium bar. I'm glad to hear that they are indeed GB Protops and not china knockoff's

Scott

GB sold Husqvarna Charlotte about 30,000 of them 3 years ago when their main bar manufacturer was having a hard time supplying them.

Husky Charlotte has been trying to sell them for about 2 years now (yes, we were on the early call list, but couldn't settle on a good price at the time). They are painted Pro Top bars (not CN40 titanium).

Thank you Nic. Like I mentioned in the other thread, it was never really clear as to whether or not they were indeed titanium.

As far as the price goes, even being the regular pro top, it sure didn't require any negotiation. By this time they were under 10,000 pieces and they really wanted to get rid of them. I should have bought some more!

Nothing wrong with a GB Pro-Top guide bar. We sold nearly 50,000 of them (Branded Carlton) over the last 3 years with very few complaints.

Latest posts

Back