Get yer' kiln dried firewood here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mere $450 a cord :)

WTF, who buys this stuff?

http://nh.craigslist.org/for/1259109814.html

Sounds like a Dirt Doctor ad. They advertise outrageously priced...debarked...kiln dried wood all the time. An outfit out of Pembroke, NH. To be avoided at all costs. Just a ripoff outfit pretending to give a rat's rump about their victims..I mean customers..

If I remember correctly, there was a guy in the Salem area selling kiln dried firewood in that price range. Don't recall his screen name, but he was a member here and got into some heated discussion here on AS over his prices. I believe most of his customers were 'ambiance' wood burners that generally burned 1/2 to 1 cord per year in their fireplaces. I can't imagine anyone would heat their house on wood priced that way. :dizzy:

If I remember correctly, there was a guy in the Salem area selling kiln dried firewood in that price range. Don't recall his screen name, but he was a member here and got into some heated discussion here on AS over his prices. I believe most of his customers were 'ambiance' wood burners that generally burned 1/2 to 1 cord per year in their fireplaces. I can't imagine anyone would heat their house on wood priced that way. :dizzy:

That'd be my guess. Lots of folks are willing to pay for convenience. Think of that next time you're in line at Dunkins. The cost for you to brew that same coffee would be a pittance by comparison.

I see a lot of bundles for sale around are labeled that they're guaranteed bug free. I doubt too many bundle retailers would be able to eke out much of a profit if they bought their wholesale supply at $450.

That'd be my guess. Lots of folks are willing to pay for convenience. Think of that next time you're in line at Dunkins. The cost for you to brew that same coffee would be a pittance by comparison.

I see a lot of bundles for sale around are labeled that they're guaranteed bug free. I doubt too many bundle retailers would be able to eke out much of a profit if they bought their wholesale supply at $450.

I guess that would depend on how one defines a “bundle”. For instance the bundles I see at the supermarket are .5 cubic feet. They are selling for $6 bundle. Unless my math is fuzzy (highly likely) that works out to $1,538 per cord. So if you bought it for $450 that would be a tidy profit.

128 cu ft (cord)/ .5 cu ft (bundle) = 256 bundles x $6 each = $1,538

Sounds like a Dirt Doctor ad. They advertise outrageously priced...debarked...kiln dried wood all the time. An outfit out of Pembroke, NH. To be avoided at all costs. Just a ripoff outfit pretending to give a rat's rump about their victims..I mean customers..

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE FIRE WOOD AT DIRT DR BUT i BUY LOAM AND MULCH FROM THEM all the time and have been happy with the price and product . sorry about the cap lock
Mick

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE FIRE WOOD AT DIRT DR BUT i BUY LOAM AND MULCH FROM THEM all the time and have been happy with the price and product . sorry about the cap lock

Mick

As far as loam goes, I buy mine from Decato Sand and Gravel. Good product at a good price. As far as mulch goes.. I find that Outdoor World on 106 gives me a more accurate yardage than the Dirt Dr. ever did.:popcorn:

Back