Get your Baileys flyer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like its time for the BB kit for my 6401 and one or two of those closeout Carlton sprocket tip bars :)

Some guy told me about Baileys, they are super cheap, etc etc.

Well, look at the Efco prices- the bigger saws are over $100 more than my local dealer stated as the retail price! I cant see what the big fuss is at all with them.

Well, look at the Efco prices- the bigger saws are over $100 more than my local dealer stated as the retail price! I cant see what the big fuss is at all with them.

checked there price against Norwalk for a husky 353 and they are not even close, Norwalk will give you and extra chain free and free shipping----interesting

Baileys has really good prices on supplies. You might be able to get a local dealer to beat them on a few items, maybe, if he's high volume or lkely to discount; however, if you're buying a varied selection of items, chances are you'll save money, even with shipping over local.

Regarding the pricing of some power equipment, this may have more to do with efco than baileys. When you think about it, in order to support local dealers, it makes sense for baileys to charge near msrp, creating little incentive for people who have a daeler close by to buy from baileys rather than from their local dealer. then, only those who dont have a local dealer tend to buy from baileys

Baileys has really good prices on supplies. You might be able to get a local dealer to beat them on a few items, maybe, if he's high volume or lkely to discount; however, if you're buying a varied selection of items, chances are you'll save money, even with shipping over local.

Regarding the pricing of some power equipment, this may have more to do with efco than baileys. When you think about it, in order to support local dealers, it makes sense for baileys to charge near msrp, creating little incentive for people who have a daeler close by to buy from baileys rather than from their local dealer. then, only those who dont have a local dealer tend to buy from baileys

mike- just pointing out some differences since neither are local dealers for me- I live in Texas-Have to believe that both dealers would like my business or they would not selll the same product---{husqvarna 353 in this case} Have heard a lot of good things about Baileys so was surprised at the price differential between the two dealers- I can buy from Norwalk for less, get a free chain, shipping and go to dinner at Outback-for less money---------nuff said

It means little what Bailey's charges for Huskys......unless you live right there...they are not allowed to ship new Husqvarna saws...local pickup only. That said they do (as Mike said) sell large volumes of supplies and are a go to saw parts and acc. business. Just took advantage of this $200/free shipping offer this morning with a $219.19 order!! One big avantage I've seen with Bailey's is Grande Dog will bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase even if they have to eat it. I always get good quality items and am happy to do business with a site sponsor.

I do not shop exclusively at Bailey's but do business with an number of other sponsors as well, who ever has the same quality for the best price and shipping can be a big part and needs to be figured in.:cheers:

Never checked on saw pricing, but I buy chains, oil and parts from them a lot cheaper than what local dealers charge. Just have to do your homework before purchasing anything.

Howdy,
It's good for us (will eventually level the playing field) that you mention Norwalk will ship you a saw but, if you want to have people ship you a Husqvarna against their policy it's probably not a good idea to out them. If you want to show up to our counter, we'll beat anyone out there because there aren't any price fixing once you walk through the door. There's no way anybody can be the cheapest on everything. If you have a list, our pricing will hang with most anybody.
Regards
Gregg

Not to mention great service, selection, and follow up on any issues that may crop up. Having Gregg available to answer questions is worth a bit also.

Howdy,
It's good for us (will eventually level the playing field) that you mention Norwalk will ship you a saw but, if you want to have people ship you a Husqvarna against their policy it's probably not a good idea to out them. If you want to show up to our counter, we'll beat anyone out there because there aren't any price fixing once you walk through the door. There's no way anybody can be the cheapest on everything. If you have a list, our pricing will hang with most anybody.
Regards
Gregg

HEY DOG, We like you guys, however i guess i struggle understanding why one dealer [norewalk can ship a new husky and you cannot. Is this a husqvarna policy or store policy- Obviously since im so far from both dealers i don't have the luxery
of showing up at your business. Wish i did. Oh well, i do have a local stihl dealer and some box husky stores=[don't like those and they don't stock the 353 Anyway thanks for the imputs---------

It means little what Bailey's charges for Huskys......unless you live right there...they are not allowed to ship new Husqvarna saws...local pickup only. That said they do (as Mike said) sell large volumes of supplies and are a go to saw parts and acc. business. Just took advantage of this $200/free shipping offer this morning with a $219.19 order!! One big avantage I've seen with Bailey's is Grande Dog will bend over backwards to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase even if they have to eat it. I always get good quality items and am happy to do business with a site sponsor.

I do not shop exclusively at Bailey's but do business with an number of other sponsors as well, who ever has the same quality for the best price and shipping can be a big part and needs to be figured in.:cheers:

:agree2:

Howdy,
The models that can be shipped, and the amount you can sell them for are fixed and dictated by Husqvarna policy. I'm really not sure who is supposed to police the situation but, like you I don't know why some are allowed while others are not.
Regards
Gregg

Ordered a 372 BB, looking forward to that. I was a little shocked when I saw the new Makita 64 price. I guess catalysts are pretty pricey.

Latest posts

Back