Glorious day of wood cutting!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booga,

That's some wierd cherry ya got up there..

On the ground, and all bucked up in the first pic, is what i'm guessing is Sassafrass just from the bark and pattern.

I'll be at war with a few good sized Sassafrass this afternoon between rain drops, and will try and get some pics for ya.

I'll bet ya got Sassafrass over there, but likely you folks just gave it some other silly name.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Booga,

That's some wierd cherry ya got up there..

I'll bet ya got Sassafrass over there, but likely you folks just gave it some other silly name.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well us yankees are known to have a dialect unto ourselves - the Mainers even more so. They speak a form of pidgen yankee that I'm somewhat conversant in.

The black cherry we have here has fruit that look like this. And they're prolific. Always had to be careful when they went to mast growing up (my swingset and the picnic table were under a 50' black cherry. Those stains just don't come out!

180px-Amerikaanse_vogelkers_bessen_Prunus_serotina.jpg

Here's a close-up of the bark:

450px-PrunusSerotinaBark.jpg

pd977274.jpg

Gonna log off in a bit, hit the fridge, and fetch up a piece of sassafrass pie!

Good production but do yourself a favor and take that deck off. Not a complaint ...just an observation.

Good production but do yourself a favor and take that deck off. Not a complaint ...just an observation.

I still use the mower for my lawn. I'd love to get one of those 4-wheelers. That may be my next purchase someday, but I gotta make the wife really happy before that happens. I should have kept my old Bolens tractor. That thing move fast, weighed a ton, and had lots of power, but it was terrible for mowing.

Latest posts

Back