gloves......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gloves.......

• yes, on ascent, while working in the tree and on descent

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • on ascent or descent

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • only when it's cold

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • never.... suck it up wimp!

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
Well, at least they are using the same IP to get on the site. But I will have to stand up for Nick, her syntax and structure are different then his. So I don't think he is channeling an imaginary friend.

Hmmm, gotta differentiate him from Crawford.

Can't call him Lovey like Brian does.

Nickie will have to do. He is shorter then Nick, so the diminutive has meaning.

So now I have a picture of Nickie out there with the playpen in the clients lawn, dog leashed up next to it, while he is up doing a crown clean.

Hi Karina!

Hey, Thanks for joining our forum on gloves and their extended benefit above and beyond the call of tree duty, and that is keeping your hands in a state where you are invited to grope, I mean fondle, I MEAN gently caress your woman. This is a reality, not just a casual treeguy issue.

I climbed for about an hour the other day gloveless. I'm blessed with this power grip, developed over 12 years of wrestling in high school and college. When I clamp down without gloves, it's a short while and i'm feeling pain, hands take a beating and I end up using my grip less , simply because the pain. Treecare is not nice on hands, no two ways about it. But safety, not supple hands is the reason I use em.

Leather gloves are generally loose on my hands. if I use something tight-fitting, like deerskin, or even better, pigskin, inevitably one finger blows out. Then I have to use them, and another finger will blow out. when the pair just gets too annoying and my fingertips are getting too torn up, I throw the pair away in disgust. So much for 8 or 10 bucks. Ever gotten a pair of leather gloves wet, had them dry out and then you try to put them on? That's a lot of fun.

I like the latex-surfaced smurfies. They fit tight, protect my palms and fingers from roughness and filth, they allow me a grip BETTER than bare-handed and at about a buck a pair, they're cheap. I can dial my cell phone with them on, and I can adjust the station or volume of my ear-rotective radio headset. I can spin bar nuts on an off and do the bar and chain thang all without having to repetitively take gloves off and on. At night I can go home and not have to soak my aching hands in epsom salts. I can work my 12-string guitar or Elizabeths nice legs. These are the reasons I've gone to the smurfies and rarely do I climb anymore without them.

Last edited:
These are the type I use.....much stronger than latex, resistant to more chemicals, when they finally do get punctured they rip and you know you're not protected then if you're using chemicals. Nitrile disposable gloves from Galeton They give out samples also, 1-800-221-0570.

I need to copy this thread and give it to my husband, gloves are a foreign concept to him.....ouch..........

Che

I tried to find some of those "smurf gloves" locally. I want to find out what size I need. Does anybody know of a chain store like "Home Depot" that carries them. I usually take a med. on most all other gloves.

thanks

rwilk

Do you have a Farm & Fleet or Fleet/Farm down there, how'bout a Menards.

Speaking of Menards and gloves, they carry a ski glove cheapei that actualy comes close to my massive hooks. I wonder what those poor Chinese think when they are making these things. the span is 9 inches (mine is neare 11, which is why Isay nearly fit).

Thanks to all here about gloves got some of those cheap rubber dipped gloves when the temp hit freezing. Those with liners were really good and yes, I could still grip the rope. Thanks for the advise. Don't think you will see me in gloves on a warm day unless I am working with cedar or mesquite.

Who would have thought, I had just been using the wrong gloves - note to self, order them. They are $4 at the local hardware store.:cool:

Go to: http://wondergloves.com/

Look in the FAQ's for sizing info. I'll bet they would send you a sample pair. To save time, just order a dozen. I'm sure that you'll like them. Cheaper if you order more. The last time I bought, they cost $0.85 per pair including shipping.

The nitrile gloves that Che spoke about are on sale at Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/
, $8 per 100. Part number 37050-M ...51 L ...52 XL

Tom

Forget the wonder gloves, I want me some NVG's
47626.gif

Sorry guys. JPS won't be posting for a while. He was doing a big prune on a rural property at 11 P.M. when Jake Wolkowski, out on his very first coon hunt was excited to hear his dog treeing right after putting him out. In his enthusiasm at seeing a big "coon" in the top of the tree he shot JPS 14 times with his lever action .22. When questioned afterwards Jake said that he had never seen a coon before but thought he was about to get a world record. He stopped shooting when a Silky handsaw hit him in the left shoulder.:D

It was that 15000 candle mercury switch spotlight that realy got me.

Good thing I was wearing my ArborWear though!

That yutz could not hold a pattern to save his life!

Back