Go ahead and flame me - but advice and advise are not the same word

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a chainsaw forum yes? Grammar and Punctuation? What are you guys on about lmao..Feeling all warm and fuzzy inside over nothing to do with running a chainsaw! grammar queens at their best!!!.. Well ya got one up on all us dip chits that run chainsaws for lack of knowing any better now run off and get on a Grammar and Punctuation Forum and report back just how good you really are to us stupid dumb folk??...
Spelt grammar wrong, its gramma! Duh.

This is a chainsaw forum yes? Grammar and Punctuation? What are you guys on about lmao..Feeling all warm and fuzzy inside over nothing to do with running a chainsaw! grammar queens at their best!!!.. Well ya got one up on all us dip chits that run chainsaws for lack of knowing any better now run off and get on a Grammar and Punctuation Forum and report back just how good you really are to us stupid dumb folk??...
You're the one who clicked on this thread. No?

Agreed.

But we all suffered through at least 15 (edit: years) of schooling as kids. Let's act like it meant something and do our best. It also helps some of our foreign members read our posts more easily if we use proper english.

I figured 5 years old in kindergarten till late teens in high school. Pending any preschool, that puts most of us in school for about 15 years, negating possible higher education.

Ahhhhh sorry I'm an idiot. Didn't realize the typo. Fixed.

On a serious note, I see these misspelled words, wrong punctuation, no punctuation, capitals, no capitals, wrong words, missing words, sentences that just plain don't make sense,etc.,etc. Not only do I not let it bother me, I actually get a kick out of trying to figure out what some are trying to say. There are people on here that may not be blessed with the spelling, wording or punctuating abilities of others. Whatever their reasons are, I have a lot of respect for them to get on the same forums as "more educated or naturally gifted" people and communicate. As has already been stated, there has been a wealth of information, and humor as well, shared here from people that could have remained silent because they may have felt embarassed or looked at demeeningful.

I say to all AS brothers, keep on posting (I know ya were planning on it) and, if ya don't spell that good, don't let it get to you (I know ya were'nt going to).

By the way, I am in no way tootin' my own horn, as I am sure I probably made a few mistakes in this post alone.

It's already been stated but I, too, give the foreign members (especially the non-English speaking ones) huge credit for their contributions. I not only admire their efforts, immensely, but get some good entertainment out of deciphering some of the input. I picture myself trying to accomplish that in reverse, especially some of the slang and Southern dialect, and it ain't happenin'.

Type on Brothers

Without clear communication, most guys wouldn't be qualified to run power equipment. Language is important. There really isn't so much martyrdom in being a dumbass as I can attest.

'Y'all'; - singular. As in, "Y'all fixin' to come for supper?"
'All y'all' - plural. As in, "All y'all better get movin'".

'You'se' - singular. As in, "You'se better smile when you say dat!"
'You'se guyz' - plural. As in, "You'se guyz are in for a big surprise when Big Ralphie gets here!"

Philbert

Latest posts

Back