Go ahead and flame me - but advice and advise are not the same word

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you Brush Ape's retarded cousin? :dumb:

You're partly right. I'm not as smart as him no way.

This thread about the English language interests me, though. English was my major in college alongside Computer Science and a minor in Psychology. I let English go and focus on technology and psychology now. I'd get out of trees altogether but my other retarded cousin is a Forester who owns a mill and a kiln. I cut timber in four states and still climb in my 40's.

Saw building is a passion >BTW<.

We get a fair share of seaboard transplants here. Would you think people from Maryland would have a drawl? Well they do but it is unique. One peculiar trait is that when you ask a Marylander how they are doing, they respond by telling you what they are doing. Haha. I always get a kick out of that one.

"Hey Art how are you doing?"

"Just fixing the fence. How about you?"

lol

For the record, spell check has corrected me spelling, "their," wrong so many times I finally do it all by myself. That 'I before E' rule never made any sense to me.

And Pleeez kids, your spelling and use of grammar is an epic F-F-Fail-ure not an epic fail. Inner city crap.

Rant over TY. (Thank You.)

Latest posts

Back