Go Fund Me Fundraiser For Adirondackstihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There has been some talk between myself and a couple of other guys about doing an auction for some items. In the past raffles doing that sorta made some confusion.

I wanna know what you guys think.

Ideas?
Either way sounds pretty good to me eh... P.S. UPS guy was gone too soon.

You must not have seen our raffles ;)
Good point Brad..
Personally, I like the raffle idea better, Everyone has the same chance at something..
The auction puts things in another perspective,,,,,,,,,,, some guys have wayyyyy deeper pockets than others..
My 2 cents..
This is an awesome group we have here BTW....

I am going to rebuild a nice 044/440 from scratch. I need to beg a few parts to complete it though... Need top covers (cylinder and air) and a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a generator to donate if you wanna make it heated.
Might even have a heated carb somewhere.
Sorry no flywheel.
But I definitely have the generator with some wires and screws

Good point Brad..
Personally, I like the raffle idea better, Everyone has the same chance at something..
The auction puts things in another perspective,,,,,,,,,,, some guys have wayyyyy deeper pockets than others..
My 2 cents..
I don't think I looked at it in quite that perspective, when I posted earlier. Again, it's all for the cause...and the cause is good. I fully agree with the 'awesome group' comment. :)

There has been some talk between myself and a couple of other guys about doing an auction for some items. In the past raffles doing that sorta made some confusion.

I wanna know what you guys think.

Ideas?
I'd raffle it all. When mixing auctions and raffle together for one cause it's very confusing.

It's up to you Randy as the organizer. There has been a lot of generous stuff donated. But please keep the auctions and raffles separate and clear.

It is confusing when money from an auction bid also counts for raffle tickets, or when someone buys a raffle ticket and is told later on that the terms or prizes have changed.

A lot of guys are happy just to contribute a few dollars to the cause. But if you are going to formally call it a 'raffle' or 'auction', the terms ought to be clear upfront.

Philbert

Good point Brad..
My 2 cents..

I'd raffle it all. When mixing auctions and raffle together for one cause it's very confusing.

Raffle it all.

Done. :rock:

Back