Gonna Buy A Saw(s)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incomplete

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at a couple saws at the local Husqvarna dealer. She got them on trade-in.

I want to see if I can reach any kind of consensus or average on what my top dollar offer should be.

One is a 353 she says she "has $220.00 in it"

And the other is a 359 she's asking $460 for. The Troll said this is high for that used saw and at $550.00 new MSRP I see his wisdom.

Both saws are visually in very good shape, and if they sound as good as they look, what is the top dollar you would pay for these?

:popcorn:

Hey guys, I'm looking at a couple saws at the local Husqvarna dealer. She got them on trade-in.

I want to see if I can reach any kind of consensus or average on what my top dollar offer should be.

And the other is a 359 she's asking $460 for. The Troll said this is high for that used saw and at $550.00 new MSRP I see his wisdom.

Both saws are visually in very good shape, and if they sound as good as they look, what is the top dollar you would pay for these?

Why buy both? They're nearly the same engine size.

$460 for a 359 noway!

You could find a 372 if you look for while for possibly less than that.

Don't know anything about the 353

359 wayyy too high. the 353 is a deal though! like a 346, but a little torquier... I have one, looking to trim the limiters when i get a non cat muffler.. (can tell by the Etech on sticker, and the green gas cap. Otherwise, nice little saw!

id say look around for a 372 used i know they are a good saw ran one for 9 years

i wouldnt go any smaller the a 372 any smaller they dont have the torque the 372 has for hard wood

My plan is to port, if they can be had for the right price. I believe in having a well equipped arsenal.

My 445 will get a 14" or 16" blade for my ground help
353 would get the 18"
The 359 would get the 20"
And when I get a grand I'll get a new 80-90 cc for anything bigger than my 460 24"

Thats my CAD thinking :msp_biggrin:

A 353 is not torquier than a 346...that's just falicy. The power curver might be a little broader and not as peaked, but a 346 is stronger at any reasonable RPM.

As mentioned, a $460 359 is way high, about $200 worth.

I sell 353's for $275, but they have new pistons, seals, fuel lines and filters, new carb kits, and a nice muffler mod.

Surprised that no one here has asked for pictures of your female dealer...

You don't want it: she's your grandma and just as much of a battle axe (she makes me think of mine). She seems equitable though; we'll find out when it comes to money. Maybe I'll take my daughter with me when I go; they goo-gooed over my youngest daughter. :msp_sneaky:

i wouldnt go any smaller the a 372 any smaller they dont have the torque the 372 has for hard wood

That is both a stupid generalization and fundamentally unhelpful advice. All I cut is hardwood and find all sorts of uses for my collection of 346xp and 5100s, and even the odd 238/242. It all depends on what you're trying to do and what size trees you're working.

For OP: $325 tops for a 359 in good shape, $250 tops for a 353 in good shape. A bit more is fair if the saw was rebuilt by Neal, 'cause his muffler mod is real nifty and well thought out.

I beg to differ on the torque in hard wood. 562 will run 28 full comp in hard wood fine. My 340 will pull a 20 full chisel with drag teeth set low. With a 16 it loses 2000rpm in the cut. If you're looking for a cheaper saw 365xt can be had for decent price and with minimal effort converts to a 372xt. If you're cutting firewood that 353 will be fine.

But I do agree the 372 is an excellent choice.

Not enough torque in anything smaller than a 372 for hard wood?

YouTube

That's dead cottonwood hard as a rock dry. We say pictures or it never happened here's my evidence.

You don't want it: she's your grandma and just as much of a battle axe (she makes me think of mine). She seems equitable though; we'll find out when it comes to money. Maybe I'll take my daughter with me when I go; they goo-gooed over my youngest daughter. :msp_sneaky:

What??? No pictures of grandma goo-gooing? :msp_mad:

:popcorn:

400 cash for both, package deal or peace out.
and she buys the first tank of fuel.
of course we are talking about huskys thou, 6 bucks. :hmm3grin2orange:

Back