Good day Cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yesterday the neighbor and myself went out cutting wood. I got A chance to try out my new STIHL MS 361. All I can say is WOW , what a nice saw it's like using my 044 but with less weight and a tad more speed. I didn't get a chance to use it much , the neighbor was using it all the time. He said it felt Lighter than His STIHL MS 310, and had less vibration .

Here is some pics of what we got done.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

From Left to right Is The 260 PRO 16"Bar , 361 18" bar And the old dog 044 wearing the small 20" bar.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Good day wood cutting, The 361 came with the upgraded dogs and chain catch on it. I liked it so much I think I will find out if there is that option for my other 2 saws.

Good day in the woods. does anybody want to come over and help me stack it.:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Looks like you had a productive day! Good to hear you are happy with the new saw!

Exremely nice load, especially for the conditions. The 361 is fantastic firewood/farm saw, it just keeps getting stronger, takes ten or twelve tanks to break in, then do Lakeside's muffler mod, it'll really wake it up!

Nice load of wood you have there!!! Sorry I cant make it for the stacking, I dont think you would want me there anyway, my piles have a tedency of falling over:)

Nice little tractor! Exactly what I need around here. :love1:

What is it? I can't read the make on the hood. New Holland?

Ian

Last edited:
Nice little tractor! Exactly what I need around here. :love1:

What is it? I can't read the make on the hood. New Holland?
Ian
It is called a Farmtrac , it was made buy Longagribusiness. I think the company went under. It is 27hp and has a shuttle transmission. 5' buchet and you can do a lot with it with a set of chains on the front tires. We did have a little mishap with it and someone dropped a tree on it buy accident bent the steering wheel pretty good. we did manage to straighten it so we could still steer with it. i am going to see if i can find a new wheel.

Holy Cow that's a lot of wood for 1 days production.

Yup that was just 4hours of cutting skidding bucking and loading.

Nice load of wood you have there!!! Sorry I cant make it for the stacking, I dont think you would want me there anyway, my piles have a tedency of falling over:)

Sure I would love to have you come over, the more practice you get the better you will be:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Nice load of wood, also very nice lookin trailer. Did you put the sides on that bad boy yourself? I just got my hands on a trailer similar to that, #14,000 two axle and was looking for good examples of how to put sides on it. How much can you get in the trailer?

Good 4 hrs work!!:clap::clap:
Would have taken me.......with naps....3days!

Is that a Log Rite Cant hook or peavy W/Log Stand? How do you like it?
Yes that is a logrite cant hook with log stand, it is there 60" model, and I love it. It sure saves the old back getting the log up in the air instead of being bent over all day long. I am thinking of getting another one with out the log stand and a tad shorter to keep on the tractor for moving the logs to get the chain on for skidding.

Nice load of wood, also very nice lookin trailer. Did you put the sides on that bad boy yourself? I just got my hands on a trailer similar to that, #14,000 two axle and was looking for good examples of how to put sides on it. How much can you get in the trailer?

If you do a search using my name "Beefie" I have a thread On how I built this trailer. Everything was made buy me the side boards are all 1" thick white ash and are 2' high. Each section is removable, and also locks together to make a very strong side. My guess is we have a strong 1.5 -1.75 cord on the trailer. All the wood was just dumped in and not stacked so I am not exactly sure what we had on it.

Last edited:
Good job, looks like you did very well for one day.

It's a little too far to drive, but if I was around there, I would help you stack in a heartbeat-AS LONG AS YOU BUY THE BEER! That is a good load of wood and good machines. I second the muffler mods on all of them. That little 260 wakes up great with a muffler mod and it was easy to do-even for me!:clap:

I like your little Farmtrack tractor. I see a few of them around here. Just a tad smaller than my Massey. Good choice on the 361. I wish I could of grabed a new one before they got gone. :greenchainsaw:

I like your little Farmtrack tractor. I see a few of them around here. Just a tad smaller than my Massey. Good choice on the 361. I wish I could of grabed a new one before they got gone. :greenchainsaw:

My dealer that I bought my first two saws from said he had 3 or 4 of them left. I bought the last one from another dealer that had it as a demo model. I was able to get a very good deal on it and came with a full warrenty and the upgraded dogs and ceramic chain catch.

Beefie

Beefie,

Nice trailer load! What's that trailer rated for? Having good saws, a good cant hook and a tractor...good on ya.

Kevin

That is a GREAT day's work! In my dreams something like that would 'appear' on my driveway some day.

Shari
PS I like to stack!

I intend to do a similar type of trailer side boards, but on a gooseneck instead. I like the way that the pull and distribute weight on the truck better,... Still a D@mn nice trailer though,... Did something like that recently but it was all wet locust,... my poor gas v-8 in my F-350 wasn't too' happy about that. Gotta get a Cummins.:greenchainsaw:

Back