Good deal for Husky 350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been pushing the 350 for a long time!! Dolar for dollar, I think it's the best buy out there!!!

Do you know why they fall apart Tom? Joe homeowner goes to Lowes and buys one from the clueless sales rep, has no ide how to care for or maintain it and beats the piss out of it. Then they come to you complaining about how it's a big POS!!!
Trust me, it's a solid saw, I haven' been able to kill one yet, that should speak volumes!!!

HEH HEH, I'll take that bet Tom, my 350 against you're 290. I'll even cover shipping both ways to you, new chains on both saws.

Your exactly right Red. They bring them in here with the mufflers falling off because they won't check the bolts. They say I heard something rattling. The chain brake handles are sometime broken completely off where they try to remove the cover with the brake on, get mad and yank it, sometimes they slam the saw on the ground. The choke levers are snapped off from force. Those people have no clue and yet they carry them outta Lowes by the droves. So yes your are 100% right. However the 290 is about as reliable as any saw outthere even to those same people that are tearing up those 350's because they get a little education at time of sale with the 290.

Your 350 againist my 290, hell I don't want your old saw. Now remember Red just because my 290 has 290 written all over it doesn't really tell whats under the hood, yes I'm sneaky, its a 390 perking coffee in there. That dayumm saw will give my 361 a fit, they are that close.

(dayumm why do I have to be honest, I coulda had me a 5100 and 500.00 and a 350,LOL)

Last edited:
EDUCATION!!!!!
It's amazing what happens when you give someone a piece of equipment and some knowledge. AND they have someone that they can come and ask when they have a question, THAT ACTUALLY KNOWS the answers!!

A 390, my 350 will loose, a stock 290, I'd hedge my bet on my 350 I never said my saw was stock either:monkey:

EDUCATION!!!!!
It's amazing what happens when you give someone a piece of equipment and some knowledge. AND they have someone that they can come and ask when they have a question, THAT ACTUALLY KNOWS the answers!!

A 390, my 350 will loose, a stock 290, I'd hedge my bet on my 350 I never said my saw was stock either:monkey:

Your 350 isn't stock, why you low life, was gonna cheat wasn't ya, opppps, my 290/390 isn't stock either, I must be honest, I did cut a extra hole in the muffler,LOL

Should have never said anything and sent me the 5100, since you have one already.:biggrinbounce2:

Yeah but what would the neighbors say, my grandkids, my friends and foes alike, they would say Hall your one slick SOB,LOLOL

Sure, the Stihl dealer keep pushing it - Andy came to his senses, and don't carry it, when will you do.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

As long as it sells it will be on the rack. Sides I have to have the 290 to sell to those people that bring in those 350's complaining my saw won't work or my saw is broke.

No fear though, come 2010 they're all gonna be gone, including the 350. I guess that saw will be replaced with Redmax huh,hehehe

Last edited:
That would be hard to believe a stihl dealer not selling a 290

Alot of dealers don't carry the 290. They offer the 310 and skip the 290 and 390, might say they offer the middle of the road. We gotem all on the rack here, we put a end to the BUT I WANTED A SO AND SO. Rarely ever lose a sale from lack of choices. We merely expanded the selection and lowered how many we had of each model keeping inventory under control...

Mufflers will be remove before the race, its not that I don't trust you, I simply feel you will cheat just like me,LOLOL

So you want to inspect my muffler do ya? Well thats fine. I'll pull it off and hand it to ya, look right in there. Ok, you had a peek, now hand it back and you can watch me put it back on.

So you want to inspect my muffler do ya? Well thats fine. I'll pull it off and hand it to ya, look right in there. Ok, you had a peek, now hand it back and you can watch me put it back on.

Uhhhhhhhhh sir could you please remove your hand from covering the exhaust port please, grrrr, and no you can't be asking why I got a 12 inch bar on my 390,oppps, I meant 290,LOL

Uhhhhhhhhh sir could you please remove your hand from covering the exhaust port please, grrrr, and no you can't be asking why I got a 12 inch bar on my 390,oppps, I meant 290,LOL

Well, if you're gonna be that way, I guess my muffler modded saw is going to have to stay home:greenchainsaw:

Well, if you're gonna be that way, I guess my muffler modded saw is going to have to stay home:greenchainsaw:

Naaaa its ok, you could drive a taxi cab through the exhaust port of my 390,
oppps, 290,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Back