Good Deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"needs a little TLC"

If it were Ebay that would mean it's probably been run over by a loader and is all busted up.

Yea, the price is good but you obviously need to go over this thing with a fine tooth comb. It's very easy to drop a couple hundred trying to fix a "needs TLC" saw. It's usually better ROI to pay a higher price for a "cream puff". (ex: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tix/961392016.html)

P.S. There's currently a 440 and a 044 on the trading post.

Last edited:
I guess you would want to test run it, make sure the oiler works etc, but I would buy that for $300 if it's in good operating condition and the case is decent. Maybe try talking him down for entertainment value if nothing else.

IMaybe try talking him down for entertainment value if nothing else.

LOL! I saw that ad too. It sounds like a good price, but a picture would make a world of difference...and I'm not talking about a fuzzy cell phone picture. Are you on the Front Range? Can you go see it?

That saw could go either way. My guess is it's no bargin at that price. You might want to have them send you some pics to see just how much TLC we're talking here before you spend the time to go look at it.

BTW, I've never run a 440 with a 36" B/C on it, but I would think it's a real pig. :Oink Oink:

Latest posts

Back