good guy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledude232

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i'm out cutting firewood every day, and there is a guy thats been logging just down the road from me. every time i get stuck he comes and pulls me out with his skidder, when its snowed he plows out my "landing" and today to top it all off he came in and skidded a few cord of wood for me. what a guy! he never will take my money for the things he does and is always happy to give me a hand.

things are tight for him and still he comes and helps me out. we need more guys like this out in the woods.
altho he keeps telling me to give up on working in the woods while im young because there's no money in it. he may be right but im not going to do this forever, im going to school in the fall.

i just wanted to tell someone about how good a guy he is, maybe it will show you that there are good loggers out there, not all of them are out there to give you trouble.

best of luck to you all.:chainsaw:

Nice. I'd get him a gift card or some jerky or beer or bar oil or files or something and leave it in his truck. Maybe a big new Thermos full of hot coffee.

You know what working in the woods already made him rich.You dont see
that many people like him anymore .Im sure if he knows how much you
appreciate it he will feel good.When you feel good for helping someone
it aint about the money:givebeer:

i also wish there were more people like that in this world i try to be like that when time permits but if soimeone is stuck i will go pull them out stop and help buck up a load of wood split of load for them just showing you care a little will go along way:chainsaw:

Thank you for sharing a great experience. People like him are pure gold. Pay-forward might be the best payment he could receive.

Coming home the other day....

Thank you for sharing a great experience. People like him are pure gold. Pay-forward might be the best payment he could receive.

Coming home the other day.... I drove past a mini van up on a jack which looked like a routen tire change. I'm glad I stopped! I was a young couple with a young child (5-10) I had my 8 month old little girl with me and my dog Cinder.

They were having trouble getting the spare tire down from under the van. The cable would lower, however, the tire wouldn't. I don't know why it stayed up!! I tried for a bit. This was during the cold snap last week!

Well they were just on the edge of town so I said that I'd take her into town to get a used tire put on the rim. There wasn't any chance to use the old tire! Big hole.

It turned out that she got a tire mounted, balanced, and old one disposed of for $30.00! The van was old and a victim of the salt that is put on the MN roads. I wonder...thinking to self... when they'll start adding pepper???:) :monkey: :popcorn: I knew that they weren't rolling in the dough.

Help where you can! Your payment may not be from this world!

Dan:chainsaw:

Back