Good lookin 076 on thEbay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest said:
Im keeping my eye on that one.

Cassey I got the 051, the smaller brother to that saw your watching. Tons of torque and tons of weight. Even so I wouldn't trade that 051 for all the saws I got, its a fun saw to play with. It sorta kills on both ends, the tree's and the operator,wink.

THALL10326 said:
Cassey I got the 051, the smaller brother to that saw your watching. Tons of torque and tons of weight. Even so I wouldn't trade that 051 for all the saws I got, its a fun saw to play with. It sorta kills on both ends, the tree's and the operator,wink.

But it heavy and not definitely not smooth!!:popcorn: Love that old beast though...

Lakeside53 said:
But it heavy and not definitely not smooth!!:popcorn: Love that old beast though...

True its very heavy indeed. Some that think 8oz is way too much ought to pick that thing and give it a run,lol. Smooth, not very either but she sure loves to pull that big .404 chain through big wood. Love that beast is correct...:cheers: :cheers:

Lakeside53 said:
I can forgive the 8oz guys but this beast is about 8LB over!!! Hey, takes a real man to run one of these.. :laugh:

8lbs, more like about 15lb,lol. Yup does take a certain kinda man to run the big saws of yesterday. Yup back then men were men and the sheep were scared. Now days its all about oh geeeeeeeeeeez its 8oz's too big, its so big , oh my, I can't handle all that,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

coveredinsap said:
No PayPal, ....cashier checks/money order only = Buyer beware

PayPal=seller beware
No payPal=buyer beware
Happy medium no where to be found. Sell everything as is with no assurances and let people bid accordingly.
That saw will fetch waaaaaaaaay to muuuuuuuch money. It is a good model but it is way to old and expensive to repair. I am not saying I would not want to own 5 or 6 of them, I am saying that I am to cheap, very cheap.

I do really like my 075. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Mostly just numb.

Brings back memories...

I ran one of those friggin' monsters for a few years back in the late 80's. 28" to 36" bars. It'll make a man out of ya that's for sure. On a saw that heavy the AV was really non-existent. However... it is a bad-ass saw!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Gary

GASoline71 said:
I ran one of those friggin' monsters for a few years back in the late 80's. 28" to 36" bars. It'll make a man out of ya that's for sure. On a saw that heavy the AV was really non-existent. However... it is a bad-ass saw!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Gary

Good post, right on the money. I use mine now and then but mainly just to run it. If I had to run it all day I think I would call the funeral home in the morning first and make arrangements, that big saw kills on both ends...

I have an 076 and I love it. I run a 32" bar with a .404 full comp chisel chain. This thing cuts like a champ and doesn't even blink while pulling that big-ol chain. I do have to agree about the attempt at anti-vibe. Use this saw all day and you probably will need to have some tooth fillings replaced. I go about 250-260# so the weight is not the issue that it could be, but she is a shaker. The saw doesn't have a ton of chain speed but it pulls so hard you hardly notice. Plus of course you have the freedom to pull a pretty big bar.

Luv them big cube saws :biggrinbounce2:

hoss said:
I have an 076 and I love it. I run a 32" bar with a .404 full comp chisel chain. This thing cuts like a champ and doesn't even blink while pulling that big-ol chain. I do have to agree about the attempt at anti-vibe. Use this saw all day and you probably will need to have some tooth fillings replaced. I go about 250-260# so the weight is not the issue that it could be, but she is a shaker. The saw doesn't have a ton of chain speed but it pulls so hard you hardly notice. Plus of course you have the freedom to pull a pretty big bar.

Luv them big cube saws :biggrinbounce2:

Hey Hoss, your in Sterling Va, cool. Leesburg here, small world huh...

Yeah Thall it's a small world after all. (sorry, no mouse ears icon)
Where in leesburg? I used to live on king street. Also are you a fire wood cutter or an arborist.(just curious) Also I used to box, so I have to say "luv the pic". I have a homie super 2 that floats like a butter fly and an 090 that stings like Tyson left hook.:laugh:

hoss said:
Yeah Thall it's a small world after all. (sorry, no mouse ears icon)
Where in leesburg? I used to live on king street. Also are you a fire wood cutter or an arborist.(just curious) Also I used to box, so I have to say "luv the pic". I have a homie super 2 that floats like a butter fly and an 090 that stings like Tyson left hook.:laugh:

You lived on King Street, cool Hoss. I'm no arborist, just a fellow that tinkers with saws.

You like Ali too huh, cool. I used to get a kick out him and his poems and his yaking in the ring. I was watching George Foreman the other nite. They were doing a thing about him. He said people can say whatever they want but Ali was a gentleman in the ring, never a low blow or dirty punch.

So you got a 090, wow, thats one big moma of a saw..

Back