Good Winter Work Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So long as you ordered liners with them. Without your feet would freeze here in winter. It was -10F out this morning when I got up, and often -30F or colder.

Ya, you definatly need liners. It wasn't -10 hear this morning. But, it was down around 0.

I have and use the Viking corks. I also like them for general woods work in addition to cutting. My question is what do you use for liners? Does Bailey's sell them? They would be nicer for winter work. As of now I just use high quality wool socks. They do alright, but I feel a little extra insulation would make them just right.

Some have given the Redwing logger boot a good review, but I don't like the sole. It is too hard. I am pretty nimble on my feet and I have almost killed myself slipping on logs and worse on plain old flat hard ground. All of a sudden if I take too big of a step the boot will just kick out in front of me. I find that they don't support my foot and ankle and as a result I roll my ankle alot. In my opinion, they don't perform like a $200 boot should. Which is not like a $600 custum made boot, but not like a $20 one. Maybe others have had similar issues?

When the corks are not suitible I wear Lowa Tibet GTX backpacking boots. Mine are 2008's and are excellent for all season general wear. They always keep my feet dry. Pretty much a good go-to boot. However, they don't offer any safety protection.

I wear the orange Viking rubber cork boots. I wear a size 6 normally, so I buy a size 8 to accomidate liners. For liners, I order the Husqvarna felt liners from Bailey's. I also wear the Hoffman thinsulate steel toe pacs with corks when the snow isn't very deep.

I wear the orange Viking rubber cork boots. I wear a size 6 normally, so I buy a size 8 to accomidate liners. For liners, I order the Husqvarna felt liners from Bailey's. I also wear the Hoffman thinsulate steel toe pacs with corks when the snow isn't very deep.

Thanks to you and everyone else with suggestions on where to purchase liners. I think they will be nice to have.

For the $110 those boots cost me 6 years ago they have been fantastic. I noticed they charge a little more for them now. They would still be worth it.

I don't know if you have already ordered boots, but I wear Husqvarna rubbers with a liner. I absolutely love them. I ordered them a size up, and they fit great with a liner. They also have tabs on the sides of them so your pants can't ride up. Man is that an awesome idea that REALLY works. I cut and bunch, so for me it's huge. As far as pricing, check with your local Husky dealer. Mine gave me a heck of a deal. You can buy liners all over. That way you can experiment with different kinds. Go on ebay and do a search for your size. Example "boot liner 9". All kinds will come up. Heights, widths, weights, etc...I am sold on rubbers for the winter with all of the options with liners.
Hope this helps!

Back