Got a horse?You might need it....Gas hit 5 bucks a gallon.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
Wife came home a few minutes ago, tried to get gas on the way. All the gas stations are out of fuel, and those that do have gas are charging OVER 5.00 A GALLON.
I dont know how Huricane Ike is affecting you, but all of our fuel here in TN comes from Houston. Fuel trucks have stopped coming here, most of the stations are out.
One gas station here has an armed guard guarding the store. He is allowing only 4 people in the store at a time.
Here is a link to our local papers in the area with the story. How are the prices where you are at?
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/12/knoxville-gas-prices-rising-hurricane-threatens-su/

Last edited:
Just looked down the road at walmart, $3.99 that is up .20 since last night and the radio says to expect another .60 by the end of the weekend. This is in Michigan.

My wife just called, she ran into another small town close to the house, she finally found gas at 5.80 per gallon. She burns premium in her little sports car,but opted for the "cheap" regular unleaded.:censored: :censored: :censored:

Yesterday gas was about $3.56 a gal. I went and filled up awhile ago and it was $3.85 a gal. I've been hearing of prices around my area well over $4.00 a gal. and some places over $5.00.

I rather be paying these high prices than being down in Texas and have a major hurricane heading my way though.

Hasn't hit here yet. I paid $3.49 on the way home tonight it was $3.47 last week.

we filled up the car tonight and I put $70 in the truck.. Here gas is $1.27 a liter which is about $4.84 a gallon, And we've been hearing on the radio all day that it's going up .12 per liter at midnight then most likely again after the storm hits tomorrow.. Fun!!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll go fill up the truck just in case they get hammered down in Houston-Haven't seen prices go up around here, yet anyway.

Governor Riley Declares State of Emergency; Price Gouging Law Goes into Effect

Governor Riley Declares State of Emergency; Price Gouging Law Goes into Effect

Governor Bob Riley on Friday afternoon declared a state of emergency for Alabama after he received new information from the U.S. Department of Energy that energy shortages will likely occur in the state due to Hurricane Ike.

The Governor’s declaration notes that “disruption of essential utility services, systems and severe energy shortages will likely occur.”

Earlier in the day, the Governor’s Office noted that an Alabama governor’s ability to declare a state of emergency was very limited. By law, an Alabama governor cannot declare a state of emergency unless there has been or there is anticipated to be an attack on the United States, a natural disaster of major proportions impacting Alabama or a public health emergency.

“I believe this new information means a threat to public health is a strong possibility due to the shortage of fuels,” said Governor Riley. “I deem it an emergency.”

The state law that prohibits “unconscionable pricing” of items for sale or rent goes into effect when the governor has declared a state of emergency.

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0908/552960.html

$3.74 here in western Wisconsin. Went up a nickel since last week is all.

Wife came home a few minutes ago, tried to get gas on the way. All the gas stations are out of fuel, and those that do have gas are charging OVER 5.00 A GALLON.
I dont know how Huricane Ike is affecting you, but all of our fuel here in TN comes from Houston. Fuel trucks have stopped coming here, most of the stations are out.
One gas station here has an armed guard guarding the store. He is allowing only 4 people in the store at a time.
Here is a link to our local papers in the area with the story. How are the prices where you are at?
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/12/knoxville-gas-prices-rising-hurricane-threatens-su/

I'm glad I got gas yesterday.

Wife talked to a freind in jackson michigan and she said $6.00 there right now, talked to my bud who owns a gas station in town he is saying $6.00 By Monday, Filled everything up...... Remember 9/11 Gas prices hit the roof, and they are saying on FN that this thing is bad we will loose closet to 10% of the oil prodution. 125,000 homes to be lost, and if you are in galvaston you are facing certain death!

A big bad joke

It could be that the speculators are going to CHA-CHING again on the irrational fears ,and media hyped :censored: .There is more gas than we can use for a millennium........if people keep being afraid and the demand goes wayyyy up,its simple SUPPLY & DEMAND,just chill out,or better yet,panic and the people will be suckered again.Creatures of habit i think>yes i know their saying its a refining issue.........REFINE THIS:popcorn:

On Second Thouht

George W. Is A Friggin Super Star........he Ordered This Ike To Hit Texas And Make The Dam Prices Go Up So Us Republicans Can Say Refine Baby Refine,drill Here ,drill Now.perfect Timing Mr.bush.......p.s. Palin Is A Hottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back