Got a horse?You might need it....Gas hit 5 bucks a gallon.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I saw this past summer, the U.S. econnomy can not sustain $5 a gallon gas prices. Our government better get off their butts, stop telling us to eat cake, and get on the ball and figure something out.

Gas last night was 3.82 near lansing. In northern michigan at work this morning and two gas stations in the booming metropolis of Evart both are out of fuel completely. Hearing rumor of 6 bucks by this afternoon.

went up last night by 13 cents a liter,, now $5.30 a gallon.. Stuff like this drive me crazy. all it does it make rich people richer..

Has anyone actually seen first hand this increase in prices? We've been "hearing" about $5-6 gas, but it isn't even $4.00 here yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets there I just want it to take as long as possible to do it. If we all keep spreading what we "hear", but haven't verified ourselves we will give ourselves the $6 gas sooner rather than later.

I hope everyone hangs in there through this.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually seen first hand this increase in prices? We've been "hearing" about $5-6 gas, but it isn't even $4.00 here yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets there I just want it to take as long as possible to do it. If we all keep spreading what we "hear", but haven't verified ourselves we will give ourselves the $6 gas sooner rather than later.

The highest price that I have saw with my own two eyes was $4.21 a gal. It's about 20 miles from me.

Here's the scoop from by brother(who works for exxon) and step mom(who works for an oil/gas distributor)......Today, unbranded gas is about $5.00/ gallon at the rack(where the distributors pick up), exxon/mobil has not raised their prices for their branded gas....yet.

Prices here in baton rouge: $4.29 for unbranded gas; $3.54-$3.74 for branded gas.

did you read my first couple of posts? My wife paid 5.80 a gallon. Last night we went out to eat, and this is the cheapest price we could find(pictured below). It surely is a simple case of price gouging, all the local stations this morning are now around the 4.89 mark now that everyone has filled up.

I must have forgotten about your posts when I hit the second page. Sorry about that. Sounds like there are some areas getting gouged. Probably hit us all before it's over.

I must have forgotten about your posts when I hit the second page. Sorry about that. Sounds like there are some areas getting gouged. Probably hit us all before it's over.
No big deal. They were warning everyone on the news last night to quite filling up unless you really need to, it was the panic that was driving up the cost, not the lack of supply. Try explaining that to the several dozen gas stations that are out of fuel, and have no idea when they will get more. Like was posted above,its just an effort on the part of the gas companies to reach further in your pocket. Luckily I had filled up my truck and 3 five gallon gas cans on the way home before I even knew about the gas problem looming on the horizon. My wife came home and wanted to know why I was mowing the lawn when gas was five bucks a gallon. I figured it cost me almost 20 bucks last night to mow my lawn:cry:
I got a ton of wood to split, but luckily that is a low consumption of fuel for the buck.

paid 3.65 today, filled my scooter that gets 100 miles per gallon. i love filling up for less than 5 bucks!
well worth looing like a nerd to save so much money!

I filled up my truck at $3.49/ gal in Delaware it only went up about .05 -.10 in the last couple days... I guess its because we have a refinery up in Delaware City. I guess that helps.

Wife came home a few minutes ago, tried to get gas on the way. All the gas stations are out of fuel, and those that do have gas are charging OVER 5.00 A GALLON.
I dont know how Huricane Ike is affecting you, but all of our fuel here in TN comes from Houston. Fuel trucks have stopped coming here, most of the stations are out.
One gas station here has an armed guard guarding the store. He is allowing only 4 people in the store at a time.
Here is a link to our local papers in the area with the story. How are the prices where you are at?
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/12/knoxville-gas-prices-rising-hurricane-threatens-su/
hey neighbor. you still got a pulse i see. Hey gas is only 4.09 here at Hess fuel center at White Pine exit 4 on I-81 . Diesel is still 3.80 there too!!!!! Passed there bout 1 hr ago comin home. You get tractor yet? Hope all is well

did you read my first couple of posts? My wife paid 5.80 a gallon. Last night we went out to eat, and this is the cheapest price we could find(pictured below). It surely is a simple case of price gouging, all the local stations this morning are now around the 4.89 mark now that everyone has filled up.

That's crazy ya know. 3 miles down the road on the other side of white pine, reg unleaded is still TONIGHT 4.09/gal.

Back