Got a Husqvarna 394xp today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got one last week, just waiting on a few parts, to get mine together, mine was also missing one of those grip covers

I picked up a 394 about 2 months ago, 24" bar and chain. Power head in very good condition, chain sharp, bar was so-so. $300.00 was the magic number, for a saw that kicks a$$ and takes names.

Got mine finished today. Its in good shape. I got it for free, with a burnt up piston and cylinder. total cost to get going was $150. So now I have a nice 394xp for $150.

Got mine finished today. Its in good shape. I got it for free, with a burnt up piston and cylinder. total cost to get going was $150. So now I have a nice 394xp for $150.
where did you get the piston & cylinder, I've been looking and can't find them for less than $350 or so?

Well, it's not a 394 but I just got my Jonsered 2094. It's almost as new and I don't even think it's all the way broken in yet. The P&C look like new viewed through the exhaust port. While I don't have a compression gauge it's really an SOB to pull over. It's not exactly like I'm not used to starting larger saws without decomps either. It came with a 36" Total bar and a Carlton chain that are in the same condition. It came with a new spare chain also. I paid $562 for it which I know is a lot but, it really is like new. I'm happy with it so I guess that's what counts most. It has a unique sound compared to the other saws I own. It revs up and sounds more like the YZ 125's I used to run than any of my current saws. It has the smaller dog's on it so, I ordered a set of the larger west coast type for it through Spike. I look forward to trying it out over the long weekend.

I passed on a 395XP for $550.00. Power head excellent, chain good, bar okay. Looking through exhaust port perfect. Started, idled, ran well.
Think I'll give him a call in a few months to see if price goes down.

I passed on a 395XP for $550.00. Power head excellent, chain good, bar okay. Looking through exhaust port perfect. Started, idled, ran well.
Think I'll give him a call in a few months to see if price goes down.

Call him back up an offer him 450. I'll be if he still has it he'll take it.
I got my 395xp for 350 with the mods. It's not new looking, but it wouldn't have stayed that way long if it was. It looks good though and runs like new.

Well, it's not a 394 but I just got my Jonsered 2094. It's almost as new and I don't even think it's all the way broken in yet. The P&C look like new viewed through the exhaust port. While I don't have a compression gauge it's really an SOB to pull over. It's not exactly like I'm not used to starting larger saws without decomps either. It came with a 36" Total bar and a Carlton chain that are in the same condition. It came with a new spare chain also. I paid $562 for it which I know is a lot but, it really is like new. I'm happy with it so I guess that's what counts most. It has a unique sound compared to the other saws I own. It revs up and sounds more like the YZ 125's I used to run than any of my current saws. It has the smaller dog's on it so, I ordered a set of the larger west coast type for it through Spike. I look forward to trying it out over the long weekend.

Cool sounds good.

I love the sound of my 394xp dual ported. It rumbles nicely at idle.

I picked up a hardly used 394XP stock from ebay for $405.

However it arrived DOA, it had spark at first but then the flywheel key sheared off while trying to start it, it leaked oil like mad, the seal was missing, oh was I mad:bang: luckily the ebay seller was a stand up guy, he had advertised the saw as having little use, he bought it new and had it fitted with 24" b/c, was only on the second chain (first one had 3/4 of the life left in cutter lengths but found a few stones and the second one about the same, he supplied both with sale)...and in fact hadn't used it in years. The piston and cylinder was in mint condition. The saw really hadn't been broken in at that point.

So I told him mostly due to sitting I needed to put a carb kit on it, oiler seal, replace all tubing for oil and gas since age could have made them brittle so new filter and screen as well, new key, new chain, and the heat shield / plate between the cylinder and exhaust was missing. I asked for $150 back for the parts and trouble and he refunded $200 back and hoped I was happy! I was very happy, sometimes the sellers are good men and other times not.

After the new parts the saw runs awesome:rockn: even in the hardest wood with the 24" b/c fully buried it rips through, laughs and asks for more. I picked up a 5 new Husky/Oregon chains on Ebay for about 60$ including shipping and new Husky 36" bar with 3 new Oregon chains for $76 plus $24 for shipping on Ebay as well, I am set for now!

Back