Got a line on Super xl XL-925 Cylinders and pistons new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a line on these items the guy is sending me some images soon of what they have here is the catch though they want $ 4000.00 for everything they have about 65 complete homelite saws also not to mention alot of new in the package homelite parts just thought i let you know of this if anyone interested in investing to this let me know by pm i can purty much tell you he said he had at least 10 925 cylinders and 10 super xl auto cylinders

and tons of pistons and rings

calvin

here is the list of saws he has

15 - sxl 925
18 - sxlao
11-super ez
20 - mix super 2 xl and xl2
2-330
1-350
1-300
1-xl103

saws.jpg

saws2.jpg
saws3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd take an XL-925, SXL, and 350 if they're NOS and the price isn't rediculous.

Last edited:
4 grand is a lot of money for stuff that will mostly sit for the next decade.

Especially when you are competing against a saturated used market. Calvin, didn't you just beg for money to go on vacation? If you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can already see this playing out. You will get maybe half a dozen people interested, buy the stuff and then complain about not selling it all. A parts inventory like that, on top of what you already have, would take MANY customers and a long time to get rid of. If it was a hot market, it would have been sold already.

Better to leave it alone or negotiate a better price and take only the pieces that would sell quickly. Even if you sold all of that stuff you won't be making any profit, and probably not break even. PASS ON IT.

I can tell you right now that is way too much money for those old saws and old stock inventory. Best to walk on from that deal IMO. I bought an old stock dealer for Poulan that had about 30 cylinders and enough parts to fill the back of a pickup truck. I gave $100.00 for it. Why? Because no one wants it.

Like others have already said....That's just plain too much money for obsolete stuff!

I've been in the parts business for over 25 years (different industry) and I can tell you that that NOS stuff for less desirable brands like that is sketchy at even 5 cents on the dollar...Why??..Because you will be stuck with over half of that stuff five years from now and nobody wants it. Time is money, including the time it takes to haul that crap home and sort it out and figure what you have.

I have parts on my shelf that are NOS that I bought 20 years ago on "surplus deals" from dealers that went out of business. I made money on the package, because I bought cheap and sold enough fast to recoup the costs and make some profit, but the lions share is heading to the scrap bin and most of that old Homelite stuff will end up there too.

In my opinion, if you move the decimal point one space to the left on that price, you'll be in the price range to make some dough. (And no I don't think you're ripping the other guy off at that)..

I'd pay $1,000 I have a trucking company that could pick it up next Thursday.

Sounds pretty iffy at best.

How many saws & parts would need to be sold to recoup the initial investment, & long would it take?

How many saws & parts would need to be sold to begin to make a profit, & long would it take?

Calvin if the guy takes my offer, I'll pay you $100.00 to crate and pack it up.

Sorry to say it Calvin, but I have to agree with these folks. It'd only be worthwhile to you if you could cherry pick the stuff that'd sell (SXL and XL925 pistons, Jugs, carbs, etc) and leave the rest. With times as tough as they are for everybody right now, I can't see you being able to gather 'investors' for something like this. Also, the market for these parts is so unstable. You could sell most of it in a month on feebay and through your store...........or you could sit on it for two long years. If your only option is to 'take the whole lot' for anywhere near the money he's asking, then I'd have to suggest you pass up the deal. Even if you could build up a few NOS saws out of parts, you'd still have a tough time recouping your investment.

If you're somehow able to get 'the good stuff'....................well then I would be interested in an NOS piston and cylinder for a Homelite 900D. A57090 for the slug, and A58289 for the jug. I would also be interested in a couple of NOS SXL pistons and cylinders, as well as at least one NOS XL925 P/C and one Super E-Z P/C.

I'd be interested in bars for C-Series/XP-Series Homelites as well. Some of the 'common' sellers for you would be clutch covers for the S E-Z, SXL/XL12, XL900 series, and C/XP/2000 series saws. Same of course for pistons, cylinders, carbs, bearings, and gaskets for all of these saws.

As for complete saws..........................well I don't see any NOS saws in the photos you posted unfortunately. I may be interested in an NOS XL925, SXL-AO, or Super E-Z Automatic if you can get 'em and they're not crazy expensive. I know at least one other fellow that's looking for an NOS or mint XL12 or SXL.

A complete runner or parts XL925 or Super E-Z Auto would be interesting to me too......................but only if they're reasonably priced. Those saws aren't rare (yet), and shipping is expensive.....

I'd pay $1,000 I have a trucking company that could pick it up next Thursday.

If you get the lot, I'm sure you'll be receiving some PM's....:D

Last edited:
$400 tops for the headache of dealing with that mess.

if you pay $500 you deserve the pain you are about to suffer ;)

trust me, nobody wants that stuff

I just watched a similar lot sell for about 500 to bryce and I turned it down for less.

calvin, you know that stuff dont sell

why are you even asking

$400 tops for the headache of dealing with that mess.

if you pay $500 you deserve the pain you are about to suffer ;)

trust me, nobody wants that stuff

I just watched a similar lot sell for about 500 to bryce and I turned it down for less.

calvin, you know that stuff dont sell

why are you even asking

Yeah $400 is about what I'd pay for it, and that'd be if I could pick it up myself.

Yeah $400 is about what I'd pay for it, and that'd be if I could pick it up myself.

I'm still willing to take a flier for a grand, Calvin can pocket a hundred for two hours work and everyone is happy

I wonder if that is the same stash that I sent an e-mail about and never received a response back? If you want the parts, I would go $200 for all the saws.

65 saws and a parts lot for $400? You guys are cheap! That is ~$6 a saw and then the parts are thrown in for nothing. You can't tell me it isn't worth more than that. A thousand sounds pretty fair to me.

And then some of you guys throw out requests if someone does buy the lot. I would probably charge ya $400 for what you want. Hahaha

65 saws and a parts lot for $400? You guys are cheap! That is ~$6 a saw and then the parts are thrown in for nothing. You can't tell me it isn't worth more than that. A thousand sounds pretty fair to me.

And then some of you guys throw out requests if someone does buy the lot. I would probably charge ya $400 for what you want. Hahaha

A 100 truck loads of bull **** is still a pile of bull ****.

A business proposition is different from a personal one. How much do you figure it costs to inventory, catalog, and store those parts for the length of time it will take to sell them? How much does it cost to advertise them? Transport? Clean? Organize? Here's a clue, if it were worth the money to do so, the dealer would be doing it himself. Simple as that.

Yeah, but we're talking buying them for resale here. He's gotta make some money. Also, 20 of those 65 saws are XL2 jobbies.......................and they ain't worth squat to most collectors. The SXL and S E-Z saws aren't worth much more, and we know nothing about their condition. They're used saws, many with repair tags visible on them. I've gotten all of my SXL/XL12 family saws for an average of about $6 per saw (or less IIRC). Half are runners, a couple are parts saws, and a few more are unknown at pressent. I'm an 'end user' as well (and I think that's the angle you're looking at it from). Calvin's trying to keep a business above water. He's gotta actualy turn a profit from this stuff to make it worth while...

A 100 truck loads of bull **** is still a pile of bull ****.

A business proposition is different from a personal one. How much do you figure it costs to inventory, catalog, and store those parts for the length of time it will take to sell them? How much does it cost to advertise them? Transport? Clean? Organize? Here's a clue, if it were worth the money to do so, the dealer would be doing it himself. Simple as that.

Haha, I could turn profit on that pile no problem. Been selling saws for awhile now and bring in good money for a part time gig. It isn't hard to start an ebay store for the parts. Selling the saws doesn't even require a store, just list them up. Selling parts on here would be a losing proposition though because we have too many that like to haggle and not pay much (I'm guilt of it too though:D).

Yeah, but we're talking buying them for resale here. He's gotta make some money. Also, 20 of those 65 saws are XL2 jobbies.......................and they ain't worth squat to most collectors. The SXL and S E-Z saws aren't worth much more, and we know nothing about their condition. They're used saws, many with repair tags visible on them. I've gotten all of my SXL/XL12 family saws for an average of about $6 per saw (or less IIRC). Half are runners, a couple are parts saws, and a few more are unknown at pressent. I'm an 'end user' as well (and I think that's the angle you're looking at it from). Calvin's trying to keep a business above water. He's gotta actualy turn a profit from this stuff to make it worth while...

You can sell those xl2 for $10 a pop and there is half your money back and the you are rid of the biggest pile of crap.

What you pay for a new 925xl piston and cylinder? What about a new handle bar or bar? There is money to be made. Most of the time you have to spend it to make it.

BTW, I will be listing a bunch of junk saws here soon, bet I will make my money back and then some.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back