Got a little bit done this morning (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregfox

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In anything over 8-10" I mark each cut with a painted stick with chalk or hatchet. I'm kinda anal on the length. Nice straight logs I almost feel bad for not sellin the burr oak to the mill, would have been an easy $150-$200 bucks. I like straight grain wood for myself, this will be for me in the winter of '15-'16 three years to season should be nice and dry.

Last edited:
Those trees must be easy to cut seeing how they grow sideways (first picture)! :msp_w00t:
Nice job, I wish I had some to cut.

Oh yeah, rep sent for your avitar!

That's a nice lot of wood. Just saying today, wish I could get out in the woods if only the snow would melt. But I guess that would just mean I would or will have to deal with the mud.

Thanks, had the ole girl for a while now. She'll take 8 tons comfortably, 6 1/2 tons legal, and I've learned not to put 10-12 tons on her because springs are not cheap or fun to change. Good thing wood ain't that heavy. I have no desire to load more than 2 cord at a time by hand, especially that heavy wet oak or hickory.

Lotta work! Great wood and real nice hauler you got there! That baby tote some weight!

Is that a dump box? Only down side I see is the distance from the ground to the bed! I have a 1 ton '85 Dodge and I want a log lift on that thing for the bigger ones! Looks like you put in some good time with that load!

279499d1361040142-image-jpg

Last edited:
Yeah she's a dumper. It's a contractor style split fold down side as well. And it is a bit high, good thing I'm 6'4" or I'd pickin the logs up over my head. I put in 3 1/2 hrs to get about 2 cords in the truck from the standing tree without any help. I could get a skid steer out to help load those big rounds but I noodle in half and bust in quarters because I still gotta get em up on the splitter.

Nice pics and good work. I would kill for a pasture tree that I could just pull a truck up next to load! My woods is too narrow(and wet at the moment) that a quad and trailer takes it out a quarter or third of cord at a time. I need to do a little trail widening! Nice rig!

Sweet

Yup, great work. Like the hauler. Now if you can just find a decent saw to cut with..... :msp_sad:

Nice work, looks like a productive day. Oh and what a great property you have there.

Nice work, looks like a productive day. Oh and what a great property you have there.

I wish it was my property. I just have the pleasure of cutting out there. It's over 40 acres. 2 years ago a storm came through and tore down/topped 30+ trees like this. The owner came to me asking if I wanted some wood because he saw my stacks of firewood. I about fell over when I went out there and found 50+ cords of oak and hickory laying around. Don't get any easier than pasture cutting, can back the truck up to all the wood:rock:

Back